Home

NHL 17 Reduced Roster/Speed project

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Reduced Roster/Speed project within the EA Sports NHL Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2016, 07:04 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
NHL 17 Reduced Roster/Speed project

Good morning all...Old fart /Offline Season Mode Player in the UK
Last year, due to the poor player separation in EAs ratings, I undertook the arduous task of reducing pretty much EVERY player
It took me 2 months , but it actually worked!
I had hoped that with the array of NEW sliders, that I could get it sorted without going to such extremes (as in the off season I have adopted a Retired Greyhound, so have less time as the girl needs walking) but seeing the likes of Brooks Laich still being an 81 makes me think that I may have to get back to work.

I was thinking about just looking at changing the SPEED attribute, reducing those old, slowcoach veterans, like Orpik, Girardi etc....but then started wondering perhaps that would be the ACCELERATION attribute?
So whats the difference between the SPEED & ACCELERATION Attribute?

What you think...I am aiming for the end result in being unable to catch Crosby with Orpik?
Any help would be greatly apprecaitted

Last edited by johnnydrum; 10-23-2016 at 09:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2016, 08:45 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 17 Reduced Roster/Speed project

Another thing that puzzles me is the bizarre randomness of Players Endurance....I have seen 4th liners with 84...yet some Top 6 D Men 82.....I am thinking of doing a scale roll back on the Players Endurance attributes
What do think...something like 72- 75 for 3rd/4th liners? 78-82 for 1st/2nd liners....Top 4 D men 85 6th & 7th D 82...(but keep the Elite players as they are?)
Any thoughts guys?
Old 10-29-2016, 10:05 AM   #3
Rookie

shanev's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 17 Reduced Roster/Speed project

I have tried it a little bit with acceleration, and have noticed what can best be described as a subtle difference. I haven't done anything dramatic yet though. I'd be very interested to know your edits and how it plays out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters »