Home

Slider changes to help with slow/weak passes?

This is a discussion on Slider changes to help with slow/weak passes? within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2014, 08:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Slider changes to help with slow/weak passes?

I am playing NHL 15 on the PS4.

My biggest gripe with the game-play this year is that my passes are all rather weak, regardless of how long I hold the pass button. Well, maybe not that weak overall, but rather the issue is that I cannot make a strong/fast pass when needed like to hit someone with a fast pass who is springing out.

I am on Pro with Simulation mode and manual passes. Are there any tweaks to the sliders that can help with this?

Or perhaps there is some other way to make passes or use the controller buttons to make harder vs softer passes?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 01:13 PM   #2
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Slider changes to help with slow/weak passes?

I've been saying it for years, pass speed: 4 & Saucer Pass Speed: 6, is the optimal setting, now I did try pass speed: 5 in NHL 14 it worked great, but in NHL 15 it seems a little to fast so I went with 4 in NHL 15 and it worked great.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:01 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Slider changes to help with slow/weak passes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoalies
I've been saying it for years, pass speed: 4 & Saucer Pass Speed: 6, is the optimal setting, now I did try pass speed: 5 in NHL 14 it worked great, but in NHL 15 it seems a little to fast so I went with 4 in NHL 15 and it worked great.
Thanks. Am I correct to assume that this will just change the speed of all pass types? Or will it do what I'm after - which is to be able to tap for a soft pass, hold for a regular pass, and hold longer for a snap/hard pass?

That's what I really think is missing (not that overall all passes feel slow).

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »