Home

Clarkie's NHL 15 All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on Clarkie's NHL 15 All-Star Slider Set within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-17-2014, 09:16 PM   #81
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Clarkie's NHL 15 All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinson
Not yet. Now I am and will tell what I see.
Here's what I have done. I left one timer accuracy at 2. But I put the other 2 back to 1. Shot totals were too high.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2014, 09:57 PM   #82
Rookie

robinson's Arena

OVR: 0

I know you like shot power at 4 (and use a faster gamespeed) but I need it at 3 to help goalies.
I check/try what you just did... that could work better too.
I am trying to get a faster pace (without turning up acceleration or gamespeed because I like where I have the overall speed). I think turning up pass speed will do this.

Yea power at 4 and acc at 1 is better. It also creates a more on ice feeling because theres more lively rebounds, etc.

I got a faster pace by keeping my normal pass speed & I put fatigue at 0/0. There still is fatigue when its on 0 just not as much (I am more interested in gameplay then min.,etc. and finding the sweetspot for that)

I put aggression to 5/5, so I can have hitting at 2/2 for now.

Its getting good. The main thing to me is no dumb and dumber hitting.

Last edited by robinson; 11-18-2014 at 12:06 AM.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:49 AM   #83
MVP

northmen24's Arena

I'm not sure if it's me, the team I use, the teams I've player or what. But I played lots last night on 3 different slider sets (mine, mayhems and superstar default) and wasn't getting the penalties called like I was before. I'm not sure what more I could do to help get more called, I see what should be a penalty but nothing.

I'll think about lowering shot power to 3. But like you said. There is more lifelike rebounds at 4. On 3 the goalie sucks everything up like a magnet. Very unrealistic. Also on 4 it's very close to how players actually shoot. I hate when I fluttering wrist shot beats my goalie. I can accept a goal against when the puck is moving at NHL speeds.

I think I'm going to just play more games with what I've got on the first post. Hopefully penalties will come.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:45 AM   #84
Rookie

robinson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
I'm not sure if it's me, the team I use, the teams I've player or what. But I played lots last night on 3 different slider sets (mine, mayhems and superstar default) and wasn't getting the penalties called like I was before. I'm not sure what more I could do to help get more called, I see what should be a penalty but nothing.

I'll think about lowering shot power to 3. But like you said. There is more lifelike rebounds at 4. On 3 the goalie sucks everything up like a magnet. Very unrealistic. Also on 4 it's very close to how players actually shoot. I hate when I fluttering wrist shot beats my goalie. I can accept a goal against when the puck is moving at NHL speeds.

I think I'm going to just play more games with what I've got on the first post. Hopefully penalties will come.
Its better on 4, so I might lower screen to 2 to help goalies instead of that. Acc at 1 is better to, I still havnt had any 2-1 scores yet. I tried pass speed at 0 and its still fast enough (the pass sliders must be broke). Penaltys, there were more before like you said. I think EA did another secret patch/which they do from time to time. I noticed a diff. a wk ago and recently with some things. When other people have mentioned it over the yrs you hear, playing style etc. I think the slower the overall speed is the closer the players are to each other and that is one way but I know you like normal to fast speeds. I like normal speeds. I use a lower gamespeed, etc. a still the penaltys are less then before a wk ago or so?

Maybe have lift/poke low so cpu has to clutch and grab, which is cheating but will they call it or only a stick to face gets called. Stupid. I said a few yrs ago when people were asking for more penatlys, that EA needs to have a slider for each type of penalty so we can get the right ones called more often. (the interference & new goalie interference are a joke)(like my onetimer passer turns into a charge)
Old 11-18-2014, 11:20 AM   #85
MVP

northmen24's Arena

Here's what I've been thinking. Lowering acceleration to 0/0. Here's why. I think that acceleration means when your player gets the puck how quickly he gets to his top speed. The higher the number the quicker he gets away from checkers, the lower the chance of having a penalty occur. So what I want to do is lower acceleration to 0/0 as well as stick lift and poke to 0/0 like I originally had. If you have time to test please give me your observations. Otherwise everything will be the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2014, 05:01 PM   #86
Rookie

robinson's Arena

Yea, I put that in to try for that. The one thing about accel is (like you said spinning your tires in the mud) when its too low the player don't move/pivot right or good enough. On a fast gamespeed you use, that's not a problem but on the gamespeed I use its 1 or 2 for accel. I need that acceleration. In terms of penaltys got to crank sliders to both ends to see what really makes a diff. and to get what you want/like.
One thing I do not like about accel too low is the players turn into mack trucks, once they get going their wrecking balls.

With both lift&poke at 0/0, I got 7 penaltys and with cpu at 5 & human at 0 for lift&poke I got 4 penaltys. So its does work because I was getting 3or less every time before.
I get crazy goals in last couple min. In a good 6-3 game it ends up being 8-5, so I am putting all strategies to a min at 1 (I want goalie pull/EN, but not double down the score just because). Instead of having crazy pull/EN stuff, I want to get cpu advantages in any area I can during the 60min not only in last couple min. I try interceptions at 0/6 & maybe accel at 1/2.
I need to make goalies better, I have shot acc on 1 and still scores between 4-3 & 6-3, etc no blowouts too high but no 2-1 scores, etc. I try shot acc at 0 or screen at 0.
Accel at 3/2 is hard with less time and space but its not as fun, so I like having cpu interceptions higher to adjustment between superstar and allstar. I try other ideas for that as well. Goalie screen at 1 helps goalies and shot acc at 1 for wrist and ss at 0 for now.
Another thing thats better with allstar then superstar is there isn't the goals from the side I was saying. So, maybe be able to try reaction at 6 with a acc at 2 for wrist.

I went to my patent 3/1/1 & its nice (I know you like fast stuff)(I like fast pace bit not overall speed of things). When I did that I was able to get the other things I been working on good again, now just more finetuning...

I see just as much hitting/checks with hitting on 2or0. More penaltys happen when poke/stick are 0/0 (at least more against human cpu...).

I had to go to 3 shotpower & 2 for acc for wrist shots and goalie screen to 2, it helps that other thing I was trying to help goalies, etc. (even though sp at 4 looks/reacts better...)

I am very happy now, again. Still need to finetune & get sliders better for me because I know it can. Just want to get yours really good so you have everything the way you like it, like we were able to when working with Mickey on his sliders. I am pretty sure hes happy with his now too. Its worth the time and effort. Much more enjoyable when the sliders are good and the way you personally like.

These are getting good now. You still seeing more penaltys with the 0/0.

Last edited by robinson; 11-19-2014 at 05:30 AM.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:18 AM   #87
Rookie

robinson's Arena

Northman, you using the 1.00

Did you use your sliders with that or that guys. I tried it, liked some tings better but overall I like the 1.02 better so were using that. I like gamespeed at 0 or 1, so I think 1.02 is better for that. I know you use a faster gamespeed of 2or3 so 1.00 could be good for what you like.

I got some more adjustments to my sliders and like it better. Getting better.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:45 AM   #88
MVP

northmen24's Arena

I have not played my sliders with 1.00. Just his.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »