Home

NHL 15 True Broadcast Sliders

This is a discussion on NHL 15 True Broadcast Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2015, 09:17 AM   #9
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 15 True Broadcast Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
I LOVE True Broadcast view and most things work perfectly for me but my brain simply can't seem to understand how to deke with the stick going into the net. I just can't get my hands to move relative to anything but the camera. Any tips on how you do this?
I play in true broadcast also, but I use always up for shooting and dekeing still

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2015, 09:29 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 15 True Broadcast Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm83
I also use True Broadcast cam with shooting controls as "always up". I really recommend to use that, helped me a lot. I've been using True Broadcast since 13 or 14 and used to practise at free skate (1 on 1) to get my brains work with this awesome cam. Dekes, dumping, shooting, passing, poke checks etc. Now been using that mode to practising these new one-touch-dekes which are great to pull with flashy players.
Right, I play camera always up as well, but my problem is the following...
If I'm skating left to right, and I enter the attacking zone cutting from left wing (top of screen) on an angle towards the net, my brain just can't seem to understand that deking left to right with the stick is the reverse on screen. Because the CHARACTER's left is on MY right in that situation. This is easier when the character is on the bottom or center. But on the top, or left wing side, it becomes REALLY difficult to handle.

It's the stick controls that make this difficult. Because for years I've wondered, how is this different than in FIFA? Well in FIFA you're only ever moving your feet. In NBA games, same problem as in NHL and the stick. You can run wherever you want, but when controls say dribble from right to left hand and you're on the top of the screen you move your ball control hand right to left but what you SEE is a motion from left to right on the 2-dimensional screen in front of you.

Last edited by tinpanalley; 11-04-2015 at 09:32 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »