Home

Mike Lowe NHL 16 Sliders

This is a discussion on Mike Lowe NHL 16 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2016, 04:12 PM   #9
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Mike Lowe NHL 16 Sliders

Just posted this to the slider forum for discussion/feedback:

Looking through stats at the end of the preseason, and things look really accurate. Obviously faceoffs taken are going to be skewed too low with shorter periods, but I think most of us would agree that having shots more accurate takes precedence.

The only other issues that I see existing in comparing simmed games to played games are giveaways and takeaways being too high in played games.

Would pass accuracy or pass Interceptions play the biggest role here? Perhaps poke effectiveness and stick lift effectiveness? All of the above?

Thanks for sharing your input!
Old 01-18-2016, 08:33 PM   #10
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Hey Mike! I am new to hockey games and decided to give your sliders a try. Overall I really enjoyed them. With some of the other slider sets games were finishing 7-4, in my first game with your sliders the final score was 3-2! The only complaint I have is CPU penalties. There were not any in the game I played. Was that an anomaly or something that you are seeing in the games that you play as well?

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 01-18-2016, 08:37 PM   #11
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
Hey Mike! I am new to hockey games and decided to give your sliders a try. Overall I really enjoyed them. With some of the other slider sets games were finishing 7-4, in my first game with your sliders the final score was 3-2! The only complaint I have is CPU penalties. There were not any in the game I played. Was that an anomaly or something that you are seeing in the games that you play as well?
I've avoided this series for YEARS because of the lack of penalties, so when I say that penalties are indeed working and present, believe me--they are.

Be aggressive with in the offense zone especially, and you'll start to see power plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2016, 08:48 PM   #12
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
I've avoided this series for YEARS because of the lack of penalties, so when I say that penalties are indeed working and present, believe me--they are.

Be aggressive with in the offense zone especially, and you'll start to see power plays.
I am new to hockey as a whole so I was wondering if my problem was something like this. Is it an absence of penalties or is it my strategy.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 03-13-2016, 11:52 AM   #13
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Small issue, but has anyone found a way to balance a realistic amount of shots on goal while also seeing the proper amount of faceoffs taken, giveaways, takeaways, and those secondary stats such as those?

At 7 minute periods, it seems I'll have the SOG accurate, but only about half as many faceoffs taken compared to the simulated games for the rest of the league, yet still far too many giveaways and takeaways on both sides.

I guess this is probably just a case of it being too easy to gain control of the neutral and offensive zones, and not enough messy play. Since someone always has the puck, there's a far greater chance to lose the puck.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »