Home

OBG's NHL 17 Sliders All Star-10 min Periods

This is a discussion on OBG's NHL 17 Sliders All Star-10 min Periods within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-27-2016, 02:47 AM   #73
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: OBG's NHL 17 Sliders All Star-10 min Periods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
I played another game yesterday. I was PIT playing against NYR. NYR put up a fight and ended up scoring (one of those HUH?? type goals) with 5 secs left in the game.

The thing I noticed, was the game was sloppy. No one could hang on to the puck..the passing percentage of the NYR was in the 50s!

Another thing I noticed, was that it felt like I had little control over my players. There were several times I felt like something else was controlling my guys. Couple times during the game I tried to pass forward and the puck went backwards into the opposing AI player! I would skate right and my guy would glitch left.

Also, it felt like the pass reception dipped big time. (Hence the low pass %). About every pass was fumbled. I thought I was playing with two pee-wee teams!

So, I'll play some more when I get home from work. But again, it's that "night and day" effect.
Raise puck control for both human and cpu to 10. Trust me - it will make a world of difference. Still sloppy - but you make connections on passes you should make, and better players have a bit more control over the puck, as they should.

I'm playing on All-Star and love the way it plays. I feel that Pro level would simply dummy the game down. The only 2 changes I made to OBG's slider set are this change to 10 for puck control, and also lowered goalie cover puck to 60 for both - no more of the stupid "hungry hippo" animations I was seeing.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:12 AM   #74
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Raise puck control for both human and cpu to 10. Trust me - it will make a world of difference. Still sloppy - but you make connections on passes you should make, and better players have a bit more control over the puck, as they should.

I'm playing on All-Star and love the way it plays. I feel that Pro level would simply dummy the game down. The only 2 changes I made to OBG's slider set are this change to 10 for puck control, and also lowered goalie cover puck to 60 for both - no more of the stupid "hungry hippo" animations I was seeing.
I will give that a shot too: As much as I love the sloppy, realistic, choppy hockey, (as these sliders produce with great authenticity) it would be nice, especially on the PP, to be able to set some plays.

I undertook the task of reducing Forward Endurances --Stay Players 82, decreasing to the 4th line guys at 76....The forwards were able to stay out far too long, often longer than the best D-men.

Thanks to EVERYONE who contributes here
Old 10-27-2016, 01:02 PM   #75
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbpackerowner
Yeah pro is much more balanced. I feel all star favors the CPU no matter what the sliders are. Or maybe my older fingers just aren't as nimble as they once were.
Quote:

Yes, all-star has imbalances that superstar does not. It's surprising. I just find all-star too easy (I dominate the stats) and when you make the diff adjustment higher it just imbalances the game more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2016, 05:47 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
Yes, all-star has imbalances that superstar does not. It's surprising. I just find all-star too easy (I dominate the stats) and when you make the diff adjustment higher it just imbalances the game more.
I've remember that I've also lowered some human hitting sliders - it was too easy for me to knock a cpu player off the puck. It seems for me that I have to keep the cpu booster slider (whatever it's called - can't remember off the top of my head) at zero - even by raising it to 1, the cpu just seems to get leverage on me that seems unreasonable. But this is still THE BEST NHL game that EA Sports has made...
Old 10-29-2016, 12:19 PM   #77
Pro

OVR: 5

Any changes since tuner update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2016, 03:14 PM   #78
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Only played once and thought it was great...so nothing yet.
Old 10-29-2016, 03:39 PM   #79
Rookie

Rhouston's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

Doesn't "puck control" only affect how easily the puck comes loose when your player gets hit or runs into something? I thought the one to adjust would be "Skating Impact"...
Old 10-29-2016, 05:45 PM   #80
Pro

OVR: 5

I agree. I played once so far. Lost 3-2. Shots were perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »