Home

NHL on NBC 17

This is a discussion on NHL on NBC 17 within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2017, 01:43 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: NHL on NBC 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDatBoiSOBLE
Found the issue with penalties. They reset themselves to 60 except elbowing, which is 30 and interference which is set to 95, before the game starts, so you'll have to go into the gameplay sliders once you choose a team and change them back noticed this in BAP mode, not sure if it's effecting anything else.
I think you have to set BAP again before playing. But for PLAY NOW this is not the case. The slider settings stick. Something is causing the incredible amount of penalties being called. More than half are called against my team, even with position lock.

Update:

Funny...as I type this and start a game to test this...I get a Hooking penalty called on me within 2 mins of starting.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:14 PM   #50
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweidow23
NHL 17 Realism Break Down

This is what I seen wrong with the game and I finally have fixed these issues!
** the one with the stars are a work in progress

Offense
- [x] To many shots on net
* passing percentage way to high - still not fixed
- [x] CPU pivets almost on a dime always avoiding hits
- [x] To many shots going wide
- [x] More board play

Defense
- [x] takes wrong angles to cut off winger
- [x] skates from the front of the net when someone is in the slot but not towards shooter
- [x] CPU to accurate when poke checking
* Never clears the puck from the front of the net- Not fixed

Gameplay in General

Powerplay/Penalty Kill - What I am noticing about the game with the power play/penalty kill is no matter what level you play on rookie, pro, all star, superstar the computer shoots like mad men. I also am finding that the teams get more aggressive on power plays, which racks up shot totals and they don’t take the time to set up plays in the offensive zone. When the defense is down 1 man they still rush the puck handlers and do not take the defensive play. The defense has attack on there mind and you can see that present, when you are down 2 men and they still attack the offensive zone.

The hustle game - This one really bothers me, I hate seeing a full on rush mode where everyone is skating at top speed the whole time. I know hockey is fast but this is not the whole 60 minutes of play. there needs to be a better board play game as 10 to 15 seconds is chunked off the time when players fight for the puck along the boards. This will allow games to slow down like REAL HOCKEY.

Using the boards - Hockey is most of the time played on the boards, it is very rarely played in the middle which you see ALOT in NHL17. I would be very happy if we could come up with a way to play the boards more.

Player Movement - This one is very frustrating, sometimes it can look really good, and other times it can be really bad. Players turning in circles swinging the puck around really ugly.

Running up the shot totals - The game seems to make sure that the CPU gets over 10 shots in a period, they start going crazy with shots on net. The game will be going great shot totals low, all of the sudden BOOM BOOM BOOM 3 shots in a row no goalie cover up. The defense needs to clear the puck when players are around the net. I do not see this at all and it gets frustrating when you can’t seem to get the puck from the CPU. Your players seem to just stop trying in those instances.

Strategies of teams - This could be so good if it was adjustable in the customize area, and then take it into the franchise mode. We could change how much teams cycle the puck and how much they shoot would really help with Powerplay.

What I have seen

I have been watching games all month seeing the speed of a game on broadcast tv, and I feel I nailed the speed of the players and puck movement. When you skate with a player like Ovi or Giroux you can feel the difference. I really like the way I now cannot turn on a dime and I need to hockey slide more. The CPU really is different with these sliders, less stopping and turning more skating happening. I really need to work on hitting as I am dominating in this category.

Well here is my sliders and I have been working hard on these so please give your feedback. I am really showing that you can play a long hard fought hockey game. Realism is key and so I had to take a different route then most slider sets.
Hey guys!!! Let me start by saying THANK YOU!!!

These sliders are very well done and have made my FRANCHISE so much better since I entered them in.

I do have one question.. I play position lock(LD or RW)

Do your AI players constantly look for the pass and dangle like crazy at the blue line? I have like 40 off sides a game and its becoming very annoying especially when 2 AI players are on a 2 on 1 and the puck carrier has a spaz freakout dangle fest at the blue line and puts the whole play offside. Can this be fixed?

thanks again
Old 02-19-2017, 03:46 PM   #51
MVP

I haven't see that. The issue I'm running into (position lock as well) is the number of penalties my team takes. It's taking the fun out of the game. I like these sliders just hoping to find a way to reduce the penalties. My team seems to be on a PK 2/3 of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2017, 01:43 PM   #52
Rookie

Maybe its me...but I cant see the sliderset or link in first post...am I missing something?
Old 02-22-2017, 10:39 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errol1967
Maybe its me...but I cant see the sliderset or link in first post...am I missing something?
On the first page, it's about the 3rd or 4th post down. It's a screen shot image.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:15 AM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
On the first page, it's about the 3rd or 4th post down. It's a screen shot image.
Nope, cant open it...this is on the IPad....grrr.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:32 AM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errol1967

Also on laptop I cant open it. This is weird. only think I see is X. Open this gives nothing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2017, 06:53 PM   #56
Rookie

pm83's Arena

OVR: 3

I must say that these are great sliders! Loving the flow and pace of the game. True sim sliders. Great work!

I used 13 minutes and position lock RW. Played with edited rosters SCF 2010 Flyers (me) vs Blackhawks (cpu). Here's a video of first period of Game 1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xU72PpVFcY

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »