Home

Infomation on two slider settings.

This is a discussion on Infomation on two slider settings. within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2016, 05:16 PM   #1
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
Infomation on two slider settings.

Incidental Contact Puck Loss - This is what will cause the puck to come free for incidental puck loss. So depending on the setting, if the puck carrier drags his stick through an opponents body OR his stick and/or body he will lose the puck. If set to none, it doesn't even consider it.

On top of that, you have Incidental Stick Contact Immunity. If you set this to 0, the effect takes place right away. As you turn this up, the effect is delayed after each possession. This makes puck pickups in the corner with a lot of bodies, pass receptions, one timers, etc. all more forgiving as another stick or body of your opponent in there doesn't have an effect until after the immunity time is up.

For online default settings, it is all on all the time. For game preset 2, with traditional game style, it is slightly more forgiving to suit a classic videogame hockey feel that we were going after.

If you want realism, you should have it set to Stick and Body and a Time of 0. If you find the puck comes free too much and the game feels too clumsy and you want more highlight reel plays on offense, set the time higher and/or set the immunity to Body Online or None.

NHL Dev Replyed to my Post about

these two sliders at bottom that I asked forums about at EA Sports forums:

Incidental Contact Puck Loss : Stick , Legs and Body
Incidental Stick Contact Immunity : 0

can anyone tell me what do these two slider settings, do for the game ?, highest I went once for these was at 90, but that was in goalie mode, and It was weird it was like the whole games graphics changed and stuff, the game became like what you saw in trailers, I've only tested them few times, I never had the heart put at 100, I've had it at 90 once, but I dunno what they do to the game overall and graphics and stuff, what does it have effect on goalie gear and sticks and stuff and body is what I wanna know ?..

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 12-28-2016 at 05:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »