Home

Pro sliders?

This is a discussion on Pro sliders? within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2017, 12:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pro sliders?

Is anyone working on a pro slider set? I've tried a few all star slider sets and every time I've gotten a lead the ai magically scores and they become impossible to beat. Very frustrating.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2017, 03:09 PM   #2
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

Re: Pro sliders?

I am. But there's a big problem I'm coming across. There seems to be no way to bridge the gap between Pro & All-Star.

On Pro, the AI is very timid. They play very static & structured. This makes you feel like you're dancing around them too easily.

On All-Star, the AI is ridiculously perfect. They play like they have a birds eye view of the ice & can be anyplace at any time. You feel like they're on you the second you get the puck. Or when they have the puck, they dance around you the second you step to them.

I'm finding it near impossible to "correct" either mode's deficiencies, because the key sliders just aren't responsive.

On Pro, the AI difficulty & Aggression sliders should perk up the opposition...but they do nothing. It's still a stale AI that doesn't have any kind of innovative offense or competent defense.

On All-Star, the passing & skating sliders should hamper their perfect passes & turns...but you can set those to "0" and the AI still makes perfect passes & evasions.

At one point, I thought I achieved something with the All-Star mode. But over multiple games, I realized this was only because I had created a "loose puck" scenario where the AI would lose control of the puck. This created puck battles. But at the cost of "realism". I'm not sure people would want puck battles at the cost of the computer randomly losing the puck on a breakaway.

At this point, I've given up on All-Star. The sliders there just won't let me reduce their skills. So what I'm going to do try now is increase the skills of the AI in Pro mode.

If I ever achieve anything, I'll post it here under the title: "PRO PLUS"
Old 11-09-2017, 06:15 PM   #3
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

Breakthrough this evening! I took some of the principles that worked in my "All Star" experiments...and injected them into "Pro" with "AI Difficulty" set to max. In addition, I experimented with speed, passing, and puck control.

Finally, I hit a good balance between loose pucks and proper offensive control. I'm also happy that rather than playing static, both the opponent and team-mate AI seem to attack more & produce turnovers.

Saturday morning, I will post the "PRO PLUS" sliders on this forum.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:37 AM   #4
Rookie

Awesome! Yeah that's exactly why I was frustrated with all star lol. I'm looking forward to these. Thanks!

Old 11-10-2017, 10:10 AM   #5
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

I’ve been using Al Tito’s slider set for that past few years and have always played on PRO difficulty and have achieved success with the AI being competitive. I’ll be interested to see the PRO PLUS sliders....

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2017, 09:06 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cme26wvu
Is anyone working on a pro slider set? I've tried a few all star slider sets and every time I've gotten a lead the ai magically scores and they become impossible to beat. Very frustrating.

Hi, set sliders in al_tito mode, all star,8 min / period. This is the real hockey game

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »