Home

Fiddy's NHL 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on Fiddy's NHL 19 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2018, 08:43 PM   #57
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Fiddy's NHL 19 Sliders

Game 33 (my math was off earlier. Lol)

Default Full Sim, 8 Min periods, tuner v1.01. Home Game but with Superstar Road Game settings for me. Maxed CPU difficulty. Maxed CPU Strat Adjustment.

I was down 3-2 late in 2nd. Tied it up with a screen in front and a shot from the point that beat Miller clean 5 hole.

Ducks, Perry scores with 2:35 to go on a nice shot that beats Murray. I had a few chances with goalie pulled but no dice. Ducks bury an empty netter with a few ticks left.

Fun game here for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 12-09-2018, 03:45 AM   #58
Rookie

supersonician's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I’ve been on 1.01 for a while now and will be until another tuner drops.
Thought so. Same here, love the skating in 1.03 but the amount of slashing penalties just makes it unplayable.

Tried your idea of the default sliders with max attributes effect on and its class. Feels chaotic like real hockey and you can really feel it when you are in control of a star
Old 12-09-2018, 01:10 PM   #59

Fiddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonician
Thought so. Same here, love the skating in 1.03 but the amount of slashing penalties just makes it unplayable.

Tried your idea of the default sliders with max attributes effect on and its class. Feels chaotic like real hockey and you can really feel it when you are in control of a star
I feel like the skating is much better on 1.01 compared to 1.03. Personal preference though. But yeah the slashing calls on 1.03 is beyond terrible.

I’m going to mess around more this afternoon and see how this goes.

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 12-09-2018, 07:14 PM   #60

Fiddy's Arena

Game 34

Oh hello *** beating. Lol.

Default Full Sim (which is penalties 3 of 4), 8 min periods, Maxed Attribute Effect, Maxed CPU Difficulty, Maxed CPU Strategy and the following changes below.

Passing:
Pick Up Type Effect - Maxed for both HUM/CPU

Just effects how players pick up the puck for the way they are trying to pick it up. Adds a bit more sloppiness to getting pucks at times and even creates more puck battles along the boards and in front of the goalies.

Checking:
Size Effect - Maxed for both HUM/CPU
Checking/Balance Rating Effect - Maxed for both HUM/CPU

Wanted to see if this would help balance out hitting. At times I was seeing throughout the season on my sliders too many guys laying guys out that probably shouldn’t. Just over the top when it shouldn’t be. This will take the player ratings into effect when players collide or throw checks.

As you can see I lost to the Ducks the game before 5-3, but this game here vs the Caps felt totally different. I felt as if I had to work my butt off to get the puck out. They were all over me. Combination of picking up pucks a bit tougher in front and in corners where I would clear it easy, along with getting worked in areas bc of balance rating etc. Guys holding onto pucks during cycles better by Caps studs etc.

Side notes. I feel like the one timers for both teams were toned down as well because of the puck pick up type effect. Guys had to be in better position to let a one timer rip and if they weren’t the puck wouldn’t blast off the stick like prior to maxing this slider out. Goalies felt more lively, pucks felt looser in the crease, Murray made some big time stops by barely getting pieces of pucks and some trickled through the crease like I haven’t seen before this year and two of those even got tapped in my Caps players crashing the net.

Also, the checking sliders I bumped above gave the game a “heavier” feel. In a good way, I think. Lol.

I’m going to play game 35, but lower the CPU Difficulty back to 0 because of it being a home game vs the Wild.

I’m onto something, again or so I think. LOL.

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 12-10-2018, 11:32 AM   #61

Fiddy's Arena

Game 35

Yes, I’m into something. Lol

That’s 3 straight losses for me and in this one I came out and dominated the entire first period. Up 1-0 and I turned puck over and the Wild scored with a few seconds left to tie it up at 1. They scored a minute into the 2nd and then it was an uphill battle.

I scored to make it 5-4 with 40 seconds left. That was as close as I would come. Empty net goal sealed it.

If I can figure a way to tone down the scoring just a touch overall no matter these default slider adjustments or even in my own.

Even though I’ve lost 3 in a row I’ve had a blast.

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2018, 05:49 PM   #62

Fiddy's Arena

Game 36

What a road effort my the Mighty Guins to break a 3 game losing streak.

Superstar. CPU difficulty Maxed. CPU Strat Adjustment Maxed. As tough as it comes.

I adjusted my strats for once and shut down Carolina through 2 periods. I was up 4-1 after 2.

An early 3rd period goal and one mid way through and it was 4-3. DeSmith stood tall as the Pens killed two penalties in the last 8 minutes to hold on for a victory.

4 days off for the Pens then the Wings come to town.

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 12-12-2018, 11:48 PM   #63
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

OVR: 0

Fiddy,

I love your sliders, but noticed something...The CPU passing % is crazy high most games. Do you just like that or something you dont care about. im guessing you sim most of the games. I dont know how you could play the majority of the games and the CPU almost NEVER misses a pass..

Just wondering.

BigBadAss33
Old 12-13-2018, 08:14 AM   #64

Fiddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
Fiddy,

I love your sliders, but noticed something...The CPU passing % is crazy high most games. Do you just like that or something you dont care about. im guessing you sim most of the games. I dont know how you could play the majority of the games and the CPU almost NEVER misses a pass..

Just wondering.

BigBadAss33
I never sim any games. I play them all.

Here’s the thing, you can get the CPU passing down to 70% etc with passing accuracy at 0 or even say 25. Problem? Yes, the CPU will then not shoot the puck even when wide open a lot of the times.

So kind of like the hit totals being low for most part, I just ignore that and the CPU passing percentage. Honestly, even at 50 they miss passes, bobble etc.

With human passing sure we miss a lot more than the CPU, but I also use the pass button as a soft dump or even hard dump button. The CPU always uses the shot stick as a dump and they dump a decent amount. If they would use the passing button like I do they for sure would be in 70’s passing percentage wise.

Trust me, if the passing was as ridiculous as the stat shows for them I would lower it if it caused the games to be out of hand.

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »