Home

Be A Pro Goalie Mode 23 vs 22

This is a discussion on Be A Pro Goalie Mode 23 vs 22 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2022, 07:36 PM   #1
Rookie

adam2621986's Arena

OVR: 0
Be A Pro Goalie Mode 23 vs 22

Hey everyone, looking to see if anyone that plays as a goalie in Be A Pro has noticed any differences between 23 and prior years.

My biggest issue has always been cheap goals against me late in games. Oftentimes, if I'm playing well and my team is up 5-1 in the 3rd period, the opposing team goes into full comeback mode and will almost always start sinking goals left and right and take it to OT.

I can recall one time being up 6-1 with 10 left in the 3rd and told my wife what was about to happen. Sure enough, she watched as the opposing team scored 5 goals to tie it with seconds left. And I lost in OT. I've tried every slider set on here and spent hours playing around with them myself, year after year.

And outside of that, are there any other noticable changes, improvements, etc to playing as a goalie? One other issue I recall is during your 2nd season, the dialogue during cutscenes would still treat you like a rookie. Also note that I'm playing the PS4 version.

Last edited by adam2621986; 12-06-2022 at 07:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2022, 10:05 PM   #2
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Re: Be A Pro Goalie Mode 23 vs 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam2621986
Hey everyone, looking to see if anyone that plays as a goalie in Be A Pro has noticed any differences between 23 and prior years.

My biggest issue has always been cheap goals against me late in games. Oftentimes, if I'm playing well and my team is up 5-1 in the 3rd period, the opposing team goes into full comeback mode and will almost always start sinking goals left and right and take it to OT.

I can recall one time being up 6-1 with 10 left in the 3rd and telling my wife what was about to happen. Sure enough, she watched as the opposing team scored 5 goals to tie it with seconds left. And I lost in OT. I've tried every slider set on here and spent hours playing around with them myself, year after year.

And outside of that, are there any other noticeable changes, improvements, etc to playing as a goalie? One other issue I recall is during your 2nd season, the dialogue during cutscenes would still treat you like a rookie. Also, note that I'm playing the PS4 version.

NHL 23 is better for goalie mode, and NHL 22 was a natural disaster for goalies mode, NHL 23 I actually pretty much figured out how it worked. stick with NHL 23 man, If you go into the post I pretty much explain how I figured it out.
Old 12-07-2022, 11:35 PM   #3
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

There seems to be way more shot variety in BAP Goalie mode this year. Teams don’t just pepper the slot. You’ll let in some softies but overall it’s a way better experience this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-10-2022, 09:48 AM   #4
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't have the game but am intrigued by this mode as a goalie.

Question, is there a camera that puts you in first person view, or at least really close to the ice, or are all the cameras from above like normal gameplay with slight differences?
Old 12-10-2022, 11:19 AM   #5
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
I don't have the game but I am intrigued by this mode as a goalie.

Is there a camera that puts you in first-person view, or at least really close to the ice, or is all the cameras from above like normal gameplay with slight differences?
might wanna use a camera High, Camera Low cannot quite see angles or behind the net, camera high is better, now there is also a camera Fixed, which puts the camera further away from you, but it's hard to engage distance of shots, also for shoot out camera high or medium will do, puck size authentic and large puck shadow will help you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2022, 07:17 AM   #6
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoalies
might wanna use a camera High, Camera Low cannot quite see angles or behind the net, camera high is better, now there is also a camera Fixed, which puts the camera further away from you, but it's hard to engage distance of shots, also for shoot out camera high or medium will do, puck size authentic and large puck shadow will help you.
Thank you. I used to play hockey games all the time in the 90's but really haven't since then. And while I'm a sports nut, I've never really followed hockey. Therefore, other than basic rules I'm not sure I fully understand the nuances of the game.

Question- does the game have any kind of tutorial like Madden that helps you understand the positions and how they're played? Or any mini games during the season for training that helps you get better with different circumstances like MLB The Show?
Old 12-13-2022, 11:44 AM   #7
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
Thank you. I used to play hockey games in the 90s but haven't since then. And while I'm a sports nut, I've never followed hockey. Therefore, other than basic rules I'm not sure I fully understand the nuances of the game.

Question- does the game have any tutorial like Madden that helps you understand the positions and how they're played? Or any mini-games during the season for training that helps you get better with different circumstances like MLB The Show?
it doesn't, but Operation Sports did post a How to Deke tutorial, might wanna play in practice mode for while in solo play and practice shooting on the goalie and deking the goalie out, but if you're a goalie I also do suggest playing practice mode too in tell your ready to take on the fully-fledged game, maybe video record yourself with Xbox series x (if PS5 has such thing)
so you can learn from your mistakes with the goal of what to do and what not to do.
Old 12-14-2022, 08:40 AM   #8
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoalies
it doesn't, but Operation Sports did post a How to Deke tutorial, might wanna play in practice mode for while in solo play and practice shooting on the goalie and deking the goalie out, but if you're a goalie I also do suggest playing practice mode too in tell your ready to take on the fully-fledged game, maybe video record yourself with Xbox series x (if PS5 has such thing)
so you can learn from your mistakes with the goal of what to do and what not to do.
Thanks again for the info!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »