Home

NHL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - True Hockey Physics

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - True Hockey Physics within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2014, 03:06 PM   #25
BDG
Banned

OVR: 0
Looks awesome! Hopefully the game is still offline 4-player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2014, 03:15 PM   #26
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NHL 15 Trailer - True Hockey Physics

Looks awesome!! Can't wait for this game!
Old 07-16-2014, 03:28 PM   #27
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I'm really excited for NHL 15 on the current gen consoles. NHL 14 is already great and the extra power and nice product development direction have me feeling really good about what the final product can be. The physics dev diary is another positive step in pointing out some of the little things that sports gamers only tend to notice over the course of playing through a season. I feel like NHL 15 is be solid up front, but reveal a lot of little positive touches as I play.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:00 PM   #28
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
They did that last year near release and I'm sure we'll get that again soon.
This is only the beginning - showcasing specific points in close-up and slow-mo video's.

I liked what I saw and I don't mind the hits being a bit over-the-top.

I'll do my best parrot impression again, but the thing I'm really hoping for is distinctive player and team types.
Agreed. That's what the NHL Revamped team did, but it would be nice to not have to rely on people's personal lives allowing them to put all that time and effort into it.

If the Bruins play like the Bruins and the Panthers play like the Panthers and Crosby plays differently than John Scott then I won't bitch about anything else being the same.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:10 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
It is what is programmed to happen now in the game if your team has taken too many big hits. The momentum is programmed into the game so that your team will become rattled and a pass that should easily be handled bouncing off of or over your stick is one of the common results. Lazy programming if you ask me. How about learning to play defense properly to break up a pass or scoring chance and not having to rely on selling out to crush someone, with or without the puck, and then getting rewarded from taking yourself out of position because the other team is "rattled".

When my skilled teams played teams like this we loved it in real life. Make that extra pass or chip it past someone and you are off to the races. If you want to see someone get rattled, watch as their goalie gets lit up from countless odd man breaks and a devastating power play that is on the ice every other shift as a result of their undisciplined game. According to EA and what they think works in the NHL, the Flyers should have won every cup since 1975.
Except that it isn't programmed to do that at all. The game has no comeback logic, Redshirt and other's on the dev team have said this repeatedly over the years. I think I'll take their word over a guy that can't help but find something to complain about with every new screen shot or video.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:17 PM   #30
Rookie

There is no bloody ice tilt in the game. Been play nhl series since 98 heavily (04-06 years were pretty bad games). Nhl 2002 had the momentom meter that was showed on screen. That has been the closest the game has been to ice tilting. After thousands of online games played sometimes the puck doesn't bounce your way. Simple as that.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:29 PM   #31
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - True Hockey Physics

Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
There is no bloody ice tilt in the game. Been play nhl series since 98 heavily (04-06 years were pretty bad games). Nhl 2002 had the momentom meter that was showed on screen. That has been the closest the game has been to ice tilting. After thousands of online games played sometimes the puck doesn't bounce your way. Simple as that.
There is no comeback code in the game, I never said that there was. There is momentum, however. That is a fact, straight from the producers to me. Constantly receiving huge checks or winning a big fight will change the momentum in the game. This momentum will have a ratings impact on players where you will see them struggle to make and receive passes as well as miss their target while shooting.

I'm not making this stuff up, gentlemen. I get my info straight from the horse's mouth with this. It is documented plenty of places if you feel so inclined to look it up.

Here ya go; Straight from Redshirt himself:
1) Intimidation effects on a player who has been hit hard a few times (and this did not exist prior to NHL10). It will:
-Reduce pass and shot quality and chance of picking up a puck if an opponent is near.
-Be mitigated by high poise and/or toughness
-Be reduced by scoring a goal, winning a fight, or hitting back.
-Fighting also gives a boost to the energy of your line and a temporary reduction in fatigue (greater effect for the winner, but also helps the loser).

Last edited by bigwill33; 07-16-2014 at 04:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2014, 04:46 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NHL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - True Hockey Physics

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
There is no comeback code in the game, I never said that there was. There is momentum, however. That is a fact, straight from the producers to me. Constantly receiving huge checks or winning a big fight will change the momentum in the game. This momentum will have a ratings impact on players where you will see them struggle to make and receive passes as well as miss their target while shooting.

I'm not making this stuff up, gentlemen. I get my info straight from the horse's mouth with this. It is documented plenty of places if you feel so inclined to look it up.

Here ya go; Straight from Redshirt himself:
1) Intimidation effects on a player who has been hit hard a few times (and this did not exist prior to NHL10). It will:
-Reduce pass and shot quality and chance of picking up a puck if an opponent is near.
-Be mitigated by high poise and/or toughness
-Be reduced by scoring a goal, winning a fight, or hitting back.
-Fighting also gives a boost to the energy of your line and a temporary reduction in fatigue (greater effect for the winner, but also helps the loser).
this man nails it. And vs. AI is a different ball game than multiplayer. Who knows what else is coded in there beyond what bigwill33 said above.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »