Home

NHL 15 Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Post Your Impressions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 11:09 AM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 15 Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Didn't get a single penalty in my game for either side. 6 minute periods.

Not a single puck out of play either. That doesn't scream realistic puck physics to me.
Hey bigs, are you noticing instances where the puck should be going out of play? In the demo I've had pucks go out of play from deflections and and some saves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 11:11 AM   #122
Rookie

Christian9's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian9
I find it interesting that I tweeted this...

@EASPORTSNHL Am I missing something, or are players actually not editable?!???

And the tweet is not even showing up! Anyone else have this issue with them?

On a side note, HB Studios (The Golf Club) is amazing. They respond to tweets quickly, and with respect and concern AND honesty! EA could learn something!!
Reiterating...shocked that they somehow blocked my tweet!!!
Old 09-04-2014, 11:11 AM   #123
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I want off ice feature parity for offline modes along with the gameplay upgrade. Only way this is anywhere near a purchase for me.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:18 AM   #124
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I'm like many of you. This was a day one purchases for me but many of the things being discussed here are starting to make me question that.

These are basically game-killers for me if they're true, so can anyone confirm or comment on the following?

1. Can we at least edit players jersey numbers? Or at the very least are retired jerseys still in the game so rookies and traded players don't wear retired numbers?

2. Can we really not play AHL games? And if not, do we at least have AHL teams where we can place players not on the NHL squad? And if we can, do those players accumulate stats in the minors?

3. Can we really NOT draft our own players? Does the CPU do it automatically?

If all of these prove to be the case, then I am going to do the unthinkable... not buy NHL this year. It will be the first time ever for me as I've owned every copy since NHLPA 93 on the Sega Genesis.
1. You can edit numbers and captaincy in the Be a GM mode. It does have retired numbers in red so that you cannot assign that number to someone now.

2. You cannot play AHL games. You do have a minor league affiliate and can send players down. It does not look like they will accumulate stats in the minors from what I could tell in the brief time I hopped into the mode. (don't want to spend too much time of my 6 hours not playing the game). But when you send someone down they don't play games or anything, they just are in the minors and are waiting to come back up, hopefully progressing.

3. I cannot comment as I didn't sim anywhere. But seems to be the case from what others have said.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:19 AM   #125
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjones
Hey bigs, are you noticing instances where the puck should be going out of play? In the demo I've had pucks go out of play from deflections and and some saves.
Not in my first game, but about to try another game with longer periods now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 11:21 AM   #126
Pro

OVR: 10

How can your most anticipated game of the year turn into the biggest disappointment of the year? Only EA can accomplish that. Sad. A total let down with the lack of features, drafting, editing and modes. Somebody a while back called it Madden 06 all over again and they were right. I thought we were past that in a technological stand point? Haven't bought Madden in 2 years, looks like I'll go pick that up, and wait for this to go on sale.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:24 AM   #127
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASB37
Couple this with the few articles of bad PR I saw on yahoo about the game being racist/sexist, and I think EA may be doing the damage control with some firings.
Ughh... what? You have got to be kidding me.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:27 AM   #128
Rookie

OVR: 21

For anyone that has played multiple games, I haven't bought NHL in a long time and from what I have been reading and played in the demo, it is night and day from what I remember on the thumbs.

I can't sympathize with all the missing features as those don't really matter to me much; however I do understand they will be deal breakers for some people.

From what I remember in NHL is that it never mattered who I was playing I always just did the same strategy against every team in order to win games. Do you see any variance from game to game? If not it will make the games very tiring for me, as I lost my luster a long time ago due to the redundant methods that I would make it about 20 games into the season and never touch it again.

To me that is the biggest deal breaker of them all if its just rinse and repeat.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »