Home

Be A GM exclusive.

This is a discussion on Be A GM exclusive. within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #49
Rookie

Saint Iscah's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Be A GM exclusive.

I feel the same way bigwill.

EASHL / OTP consisted of 90% of my NHL gaming experience. Without these modes and the shortcomings of some of the other modes I just can't see the longevity of this game.

Without all of these modes, to me this game is a pick up and play game. Like "hey I'm in the mood for some hockey but my teams doesn't play tonight, Ill play a quick NHL 15 game"

Last edited by Saint Iscah; 09-05-2014 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #50
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefMixture
Like you, I play BeaGM, 95% of the time. I only play NHL teams, never AHL teams. My two biggest issues, from what I have read so far, is not being able to draft players and not being able to edit players.
Well your first issue will be resolved and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a day-one patch.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 09-05-2014, 04:07 PM   #51
Just started!

GM mode has been totally stripped down by the looks of it. this is bad news. no drafts or anything. will not be buying the game now yo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 04:21 PM   #52
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

I understand your sentiments Gagnon...trust me, I share almost your views. But I cannot justify to spend my hard earned $60 for a half-hearted effort by EA.

Basically, there are 2 types of players playing the NHL series, the casual gamers and "hard-core". They could satisfy both by producing two types of BaGM like what 2k is planning with their NBA 2k15. Granted, it still in words, but at least there's a communication about their plans.

Sure, its difficult not to have the video game of your favorite sport. But I believe, by not supporting EA, they will come in to their senses and really (reallyx1Million) will hear the people and give serious effort in this game. It was difficult for me not to play NHL 14 at first because its been a day#1 for me since 1993 to buy NHL game (early version, it was my dad who bought for me since I was still not earning my own $$$). But after seeing 14, it was a worthwhile effort not to buy NHL 14.

If, just if, we just play the older version of NHL and send a strong messag to EA, they will change their approach in this series. If they lost a big amount of sales for NHL 15 NG, either they will improve NHL 16 or just stop producing NHL and perhaps another company will rise up and would seriously focus on this sportgame.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:45 PM   #53
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Well if they are patching in draft picks.. I hope it's quick because I don't want to hold off on my BeAGM to wait on patches all freaking year long.

This is what irks me in console games.. have to start over to get the benefits of the patch and by then half the season is over.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:51 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 8

Rammer did say "new" draft. I hope that means they are taking the time to improve on it. That would be nice.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:10 PM   #55
Banned

twelveone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers31
Rammer did say "new" draft. I hope that means they are taking the time to improve on it. That would be nice.
It's been a terrible week and I hate to burst your bubble but you cannot count on them to do anything post-release even if they say they will, they aren't obligated to do so. I've been down this road with this company before. However, I can see them fixing the draft to how it used to be, not actually improving it though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #56
Rookie

To me it sounds like they didn't have enough staff to do everything right. I feel like if they approached it like MLB and launched the game a month or 2 after the 360/ps3 version they would be able to include these modes. I believe they have been working on them but did not have the manpower to complete it in time. Unfortunately EA is not one to delay their product and forgo dollars for the sake of a better product. It's a small dev team and they should given more people to implement everything that they want to put into the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »