Home

offline season gamers unite!

This is a discussion on offline season gamers unite! within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-08-2014, 01:15 PM   #9
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: offline season gamers unite!

When I read that EA was making a big update to include missing modes I was hoping to God this would be one of them but once again the Offline Season Mode question was answered very vague. Someone asked Rammer if it would be included in an update or if we would have to wait until NHL 16 and he answered There will be a season mode but he does not know when it will be back but he knows how important it is.......That sounds like NHL 16 to me. If they are able to add in playoff mode where you can pick any 8 teams and battle for the cup then how much harder could have been to allow us to pick all 30 teams and do a season. Its simply not that important to them despite him saying otherwise and they are just going to make us deal with BeaGM and control one team this year. So disappointed because the 2 things that make me happiest with the NHL series are the simplest......season mode and editing players and they are gone.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:30 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
When I read that EA was making a big update to include missing modes I was hoping to God this would be one of them but once again the Offline Season Mode question was answered very vague. Someone asked Rammer if it would be included in an update or if we would have to wait until NHL 16 and he answered There will be a season mode but he does not know when it will be back but he knows how important it is.......That sounds like NHL 16 to me. If they are able to add in playoff mode where you can pick any 8 teams and battle for the cup then how much harder could have been to allow us to pick all 30 teams and do a season. Its simply not that important to them despite him saying otherwise and they are just going to make us deal with BeaGM and control one team this year. So disappointed because the 2 things that make me happiest with the NHL series are the simplest......season mode and editing players and they are gone.
I agree. Very disconcerting.

Based upon how EA games have gone on iOS, I can't help but wonder if the "moving forward" goal is to really work to funnel people towards modes that have DLC/iAP type purchases as part of the experience.

Leaves a simply awful taste in the mouth that the only mode they made sure not to "gut" was HUT where they make all the extra transaction money.

That can *not* be a coincidence.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:35 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineseaplane

Based upon how EA games have gone on iOS, I can't help but wonder if the "moving forward" goal is to really work to funnel people towards modes that have DLC/iAP type purchases as part of the experience.

Leaves a simply awful taste in the mouth that the only mode they made sure not to "gut" was HUT where they make all the extra transaction money.

Yes, that is very suspicious in an almost cartoon evil sort of way.

I primarily play season mode, that is gone, this game is now useless to me. I was stoked for this game this year after not being stoked for years now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 02:15 PM   #12
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
Talking Re: offline season gamers unite!

It is literally the only way I play offline season mode and now it is gone. From a business sense I get it they make extra money with HUT. I hope it outweighs us offliners not buying the game. I just cancelled my preorder today playoff mode offline was just not enough for me. See y'all offliners next year peace out!
Old 09-08-2014, 05:26 PM   #13
Banned

twelveone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineseaplane

I don't play HUT, never have and never will, but in all honesty it seems as if that mode was stripped pretty badly as well. I dont understand the people that sink money in that kind of stuff, but I think there's a number of HUT players who are as angry as the rest of us.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:49 PM   #14
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelveone
I don't play HUT, never have and never will, but in all honesty it seems as if that mode was stripped pretty badly as well. I dont understand the people that sink money in that kind of stuff, but I think there's a number of HUT players who are as angry as the rest of us.
I also don't play HUT ... in theory it was a mode I got really excited about but it never panned out, what with most of the top players winning by purchasing, and with the huge momentum mis-balance, it didnt interest me at all.

I think Be a GM is one of those modes you cant toy with, even if it's not everyones favourite mode, its the point of having an NHL game - to recreate what they do in real life. To take too much away from that, is plain ignorant.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:03 PM   #15
Banned

twelveone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grallis
I also don't play HUT ... in theory it was a mode I got really excited about but it never panned out, what with most of the top players winning by purchasing, and with the huge momentum mis-balance, it didnt interest me at all.

I think Be a GM is one of those modes you cant toy with, even if it's not everyones favourite mode, its the point of having an NHL game - to recreate what they do in real life. To take too much away from that, is plain ignorant.
Very ignorant considering the little time it would have taken to port over the Be A GM we are all used to. I would have been fine with it being the same and I know a lot of people would have as well. That's what really hurts. I saw a youtube video of it and I don't even know how the player progression works or if it's even there. Not to mention the simple "sim period" thing that I've used for years. The farm system/AHL thing seems to be destroyed as well so that was the dealbreaker for me on this game and EA as a whole.

Last edited by twelveone; 09-08-2014 at 06:04 PM. Reason: typo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 06:12 PM   #16
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

I'll never understand why anybody would make a sports game and not have a Season Mode.

I mean.........what do sports teams do???

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »