Home

offline season gamers unite!

This is a discussion on offline season gamers unite! within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-05-2014, 10:21 AM   #1
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
offline season gamers unite!

Ok clearly there are more of us offline season mode gamers "Total control freaks" than EA thought or cares about. Any of us who hope to have a hockey game this year will be stuck with be a GM mode. I thought I would create this thread so we can help each other along with any discoveries or ideas to possibly have something that resembles a season. Any offline season guys try out the early access and any ideas on how we can attempt to salvage a season? I watched the following video to get an idea of what were looking at and have some thoughts from watching
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08ebZg8Q12o

My Impression from the video
I studied the menu watching the video and first off we can just set it to one season. It looks like we can turn off CPU trades, salary cap, CPU waivers, basically everything that would allow the CPU to make any unwanted roster moves with other CPU teams, however it looks like we have no control on who the CPU teams call up and send down to the minors and that's bad....very bad
looks like we cannot control CPU to CPU trades so if any real life trades or signings happen we will have to do it by moving them to our USER control team and then move them to the proper team.....fortunately it looks like you can set the trade threshold to allow basically any trade and with salary cap off it should not be a problem. This is freaking time consuming and annoying but should work. (I had to do this with a sports game once cannot remember which one). Looks like we can only edit our teams lines so forget setting all the other teams to have real life line combos (something I always did) I have no illusion that the CPU will have good line combos they always have lines that make no sense. Also looks like we will have no control over the CPU teams jersey numbers so when we make the trades and have to do it through our own team expect jersey numbers to get all screwy throughout the league. that's about all were going to be able to do as far as roster control goes. So far not shaping up so good
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 01:37 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: offline season gamers unite!

you couldn't do most of these with '14 either. In season mode in order to have accurate rosters, control all 30 teams. Also use a USB stick to transfer the saves to/from your PC with tools like Horizon, NHLViewNG, EA Patcher, etc

hopefully these tools will be updated to support 360/ps3 saves of '15
Old 09-08-2014, 09:54 AM   #3
Rookie

Someone in another forum mentioned the key for doing trades in BeGM mode is to select to be a GM for all teams when loading the mode. Never heard of this before and not sure if this is option indeed works. If so you could control all teams and therefore do trades just almost similar to season mode. can someone confirm?
Old 09-08-2014, 10:01 AM   #4
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by vauclair
Someone in another forum mentioned the key for doing trades in BeGM mode is to select to be a GM for all teams when loading the mode. Never heard of this before and not sure if this is option indeed works. If so you could control all teams and therefore do trades just almost similar to season mode. can someone confirm?
Incorrect. You can only select and control 1 (one) single team in this game.

That is confirmed.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:47 AM   #5
Rookie

Man this kills me. The only mode I ever play is offline season mode.

I still can't believe such a basic mode was axed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #6
Rookie

And for us europeans who like to play seasons with european leagues, not doable in BaGM. Need season mode to do that. 😡
Old 09-08-2014, 11:50 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineseaplane
Man this kills me. The only mode I ever play is offline season mode.

I still can't believe such a basic mode was axed.
It's been done before, it disappeared for a couple years a while back.

Ea should change their slogan from "If it's in the game, it's in the game" to "If it's in the game, we will certainly and eventually take it out".
Old 09-08-2014, 11:52 AM   #8
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

Need a season mode where you can control all 30 teams allowing to select any game from any side's schedule to play/watch as cpu v cpu.

Nothing worse than being restricted to your chosen team's games and being told who has won the cup rather than being given the option to play or watch it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »