Home

NHL 15 Post-Launch Content Update

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Post-Launch Content Update within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2014, 05:31 PM   #169
Banned

twelveone's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Post-Launch Content Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian9
I have to say one more thing, and didn't want to lengthen my last post anymore.

The thing that really gets me with EA Hockey is not only the slap in the face with the development cycle and results, but mainly the lack of honesty and shady practices. For the first time last night I went on to their boards and asked a few times about editing players and when we will have the option. Rammer was on but selected the questions he wanted to answer. He could've said, let me look into and let you know. At least address the issues, stop avoiding people. My posts were deleted, and I was eventually banned. Not for cursing, or being disrespectful, BUT for giving my opinions. I've never seen anything like it!
I had the same exact thing happen to me over the weekend as well as when he was in the forum hitting softballs and pimpin home runs. It's a dirty shame within a dirty industry. Golf Club here I come, I saw that they actually answer their customers within a day usually on their very own site.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:32 PM   #170
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Please for once just do something with the AI. Add in neutral zone pressure as a slider and fix the bad logic your AI teammates and CPU AI have. Honestly there are such glaring issues with the actual gameplay itself that these new "additions" to the game just just don't cut it. Also can we please get Custom AI to work in Be A GM and all of the other modes? As the game stands now it is the only way to enjoy this game. I will not buy this game until the lack of neutral zone pressure is fixed and Custom AI can be used in Be A GM. Those are the two bare minimum things I need to enjoy the game.

Also I'd like to know if the 3 stars means the presentation at the end of the game, or if it's just some post game menu option like it has been for the past 3 years when they took out the actual presentation.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 09-08-2014 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:32 PM   #171
Rookie

As a consumer I feel very disrespected by EA right now. I began to worry around the end of July. For weeks there was no real gameplay footage. Every interview was a canned response from the current NHL producer with no elaboration from his talking points. Over the past few weeks my worry about this product was confirmed ten fold.

The lead up to the two major PR disasters that NHL 15 had could have been easily avoided by actually talking to the fans and saying 'This is what we have in the game, we're working hard on getting these missing features in by either patch/DLC/ or at the very least next season'

Your EA Access was set up to only allow people to play the game for 6 hours. Were you hoping that your consumers, the people who were willing to pay extra money just for the privilege of playing your game early, wouldn't catch on to just how bare the cupboard was?

Did you not learn your lesson when the firestorm of social media hit after the rumours/fact that EASHL was not going to be a part of this release. At that point you apologized to the fans but you were still sitting on the next piece of news that was about to drop which was just how many game modes and features would not be making the XB1/PS4 version of the game.

Did you not expect that those buying the game for the 360/PS3 were going to play one game of it and realize that it’s the exact same as NHL 14. The changes that have been made could have been made by simply downloading a patch yet you charge full price for a new game that has been barley improved from the previous year.

Did you really think those that enjoy hockey video games would not look at other games being released and blindly hand money over for your product? We understand you are the only hockey game on the market but you are not the only game on the market.

Your company has hid every fact about this game until they had no choice but to come clean. It is rumoured you have even put an embargo on full reviews of the game until after the release date.

Today you try to do a make good by announcing that a few features will trickle back into the game, and then hand pick a few responses from some forums that are easy for you to answer while blatantly ignoring questions that are being asked by repeatedly by different users.

If any consumer still trusts you after all of that then you deserve to have their money.

As for next year which seems to be where the majority is looking right now do us all a few favours. Don’t patronize us with trying to make a big deal about who’s going to be on the cover of the game. Don’t spend 2 weeks revealing to us the player ratings, most of us want to change them anyways (and we hope we can next year). Finally just be honest with us and maybe you might get us back. As for this season, it might as well be the lock out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 05:33 PM   #172
Rookie

Christian9's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelveone
I had the same exact thing happen to me over the weekend as well as when he was in the forum hitting softballs and pimpin home runs. It's a dirty shame within a dirty industry. Golf Club here I come, I saw that they actually answer their customers within a day usually on their very own site.

The Golf Club is a great game too. Not without issues but on their recent developer diary, they talked about their upcoming plans. Love it!!
Old 09-08-2014, 05:36 PM   #173
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

I've been getting more and more disappointed with every yearly purchase, one reason is the graphics seem to get better, HUT gets so much attention, but Be a GM and the general authenticity of the gameplay is stagnant to say the least.

I will not be buying Day One, or on any day where the game is above 34.99. I will also not buy if we are too far into the hockey season and the price has not dropped. I will only buy a used copy for the right price. I love hockey, I love the series but have been feeling ripped off the last 3/4 years, and from someone who has purchased every NHL since '92 for the Genesis, this is not good.

I'd rather just wait for competition and sink all my sports time into FIFA if this is how EA is going to be with the NHL series. I feel sorry for the devs taking all the heat for this insult.

Last edited by half-fast; 09-08-2014 at 05:39 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:44 PM   #174
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think everything has been said. You either perceive value or your don't. I think there is a fair amount of people who will wait and see before buying. That's perfectly acceptable and there's the group who will live with the shortcoming until it get patched. Also acceptable.

There is no point in stating the same thing over and over again. OS is starting to sound like a broken records. Vote with your wallets. Its the only way things will change.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:17 PM   #175
Rookie

Leafs fan 2112's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
The way EA will dodge a poor sales is promise that they will update via patch. They were hoping that their silence will not expose their lousy effort. They are trying to salvage their garbage by promising that they will update but no time frame??? Expecting us to be at their mercy to update this garbage after receiving our money?? HELL NO!!!!

I really want to see the stats regarding the 1st week sales of NHL 15 as compared to NHL 7-14 at the initial releases
Time will tell tomorrow once the embargo is off and all the major reviewers rip the game to pieces.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 06:19 PM   #176
Just started!

Most of this is good news. Playoff mode however... I'm not sure why EA even wastes their time and effort on modes like this. Something the majority won't even touch and for those that do try it, I'd guess they only play it once or twice. My only point is their time could be better spent updating more popular game modes. Be A Pro imo is unplayable if you cannot sim I'm between shifts. We play to PLAY, not watch. Playing the entire game makes stats unrealistic. I'm hoping you can create an online player that you can gain attribute points for in OTP. Playing as NHL player will be alright but grow stale after a while. 75% of my club for the last 3 years have already refused to buy the game bc of no online characters. They sold their 360's in anticipation of it being in the game for Xbox one. Anyways most of the updates I'm excited for. I only hope they don't stop there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »