Home

NHL 15 Surround Sound(PS4)?

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Surround Sound(PS4)? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2014, 03:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
NHL 15 Surround Sound(PS4)?

Hi All,

I rented this game which is the only way I would get to play it. I refuse to pay full price for this ish. Anyway, I am trying to figure out what audio format it has. It sounds like it has plain stereo sound. All of the sound is coming from my front speakers in my 7.1 system. I have the SFX Slider all the way up but the sounds aren't the same as previous years. They're really low and soft sounding. NHL 14 was 5.1 and I heard sound through all my speakers. Even when the puck hit the boards or glass its a very low sound. I've changed settings on my receiver but nothing has improved. Am I the only one noticing this? Knowing this dev team I wouldn't be surprised if the sound files weren't optimized or current.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2014, 02:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Surround Sound(PS4)?

The sound quality in the game is terrible compared to the old generation versions.

My surround sound system is telling me it's 5.1 but the only noise coming out of the rear speakers is either just generic background crowd noise (no individual shouts) or the same as the front speakers.

There is no rattling the puck round the boards, hearing the goalie bang his stick in the rear speakers etc. that are all in the 360/ps3 versions. The levels also seem to be all over the place.

Pretty poor effort to be honest.

Last edited by saintjimbo1885; 09-14-2014 at 02:51 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:03 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 15 Surround Sound(PS4)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjimbo1885
The sound quality in the game is terrible compared to the old generation versions.

My surround sound system is telling me it's 5.1 but the only noise coming out of the rear speakers is either just generic background crowd noise (no individual shouts) or the same as the front speakers.

There is no rattling the puck round the boards, hearing the goalie bang his stick in the rear speakers etc. that are all in the 360/ps3 versions. The levels also seem to be all over the place.

Pretty poor effort to be honest.
Finally! I was beginning to think i was going crazy. The sounds that are there aren't even good quality. They're really low. Hopefully it's updatable.(if thats a word)

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »