Home

Does the game seem to lack certain sound effects?

This is a discussion on Does the game seem to lack certain sound effects? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2014, 10:52 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Does the game seem to lack certain sound effects?

Is it just me or did they also remove the team-specific and player-specific chants from the game on PS4? I haven't heard any yet.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:28 PM   #10
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I found it odd that on default.. all the volume levels are maxed out. Almost like they knew there was an issue with the sound.

Would love to hear, "Let's Go BLUES!" but I think that's been taken out too.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:57 PM   #11
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

If were talking on ice then I would say no as I hear everything , puck off blocker , mask and even the stick on the ice .
Now originally thought crowd reaction was a bit tame but I will keep a eye on it .

So if your not hearing On Ice sounds maybe adjust you audio TV settings ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 07:51 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Honestly though its not really a good comparison to pin 14 vs 15. You're comparing the last iteration of a title on a console generation that lasted 9 years to a brand new draft on new software. I think this was a good first build but its no where near something that could be considered complete like 14 was.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:59 PM   #13
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Ok I can confirm all on ice sounds but in Chicago no goal horn is going off when I score ?
Old 09-19-2014, 02:18 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Things like slamming into the boards after a goal has like zero feel to it, its almost silent and your player barely looks like he jumps....its just bad.

I don't really buy the last of an iteration on last gen as opposed to the first on a new gen, while it sounds good, to me this game should have everything 14 had with a few extras, because they've had so many years to perfect this game which I think its been one of the best hockey series up until this point. Plus taking a whole extra year, again that is where the problems are.

If this would of been a single year, I think most of us would of been a bit more understanding. But they skipped even last years next gen release and have a hockey game that feels like it has less modes than NHL on genesis.

Just sucks because I had been a proud NHL gamer, always saying how they go the extra mile over the Madden team for a solid release and they dropped the ball so hard on this it makes me actually angry in ways, it makes me want them to flop so hard on this years hockey and take a hit.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:04 PM   #15
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgeOfThorns
Things like slamming into the boards after a goal has like zero feel to it, its almost silent and your player barely looks like he jumps....its just bad.

I don't really buy the last of an iteration on last gen as opposed to the first on a new gen, while it sounds good, to me this game should have everything 14 had with a few extras, because they've had so many years to perfect this game which I think its been one of the best hockey series up until this point. Plus taking a whole extra year, again that is where the problems are.

If this would of been a single year, I think most of us would of been a bit more understanding. But they skipped even last years next gen release and have a hockey game that feels like it has less modes than NHL on genesis.

Just sucks because I had been a proud NHL gamer, always saying how they go the extra mile over the Madden team for a solid release and they dropped the ball so hard on this it makes me actually angry in ways, it makes me want them to flop so hard on this years hockey and take a hit.
Strange but you should really check your TV settings as I clearly hear it all on default settings , checks into the boards even pucks off the pipe and goalies mask too ? Maybe even turn off announcers, music and such and raise your overall tv volume and see what you get ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 05:22 PM   #16
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15

Just another reason to wait for NHL 16. I really think that this could be good for the series and in another year we will all be better because of these problems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »