Home

NHL 15 Leaves Fans Disappointed Again with Overhyped 'New Era' Announcement

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Leaves Fans Disappointed Again with Overhyped 'New Era' Announcement within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2014, 11:49 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
According to vgchartz,com, as of 11/22/14 NHL 15 has sold 590,000 copies worldwide on the 4 platforms combined. NHL 14 sold 880,000 copies on 2 platforms. NHL 13 sold 1.2 million copies on 2 platforms. In 2 years, sales have been cut in half. Good for us for telling EA in the most direct way possible that this series has gone to ****. For comparison, Fifa 15 has sold 10.02 million copies, just on the 4 platforms NHL 15 was released on. Clearly, EA will prioritize FIFA over NHL. My question is, with the downward trend in sales, what is the breaking point? At what point does EA say it is not profitable to make this game anymore?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2014, 04:59 AM   #42
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

love hockey, my favorite sport, but I'm glad I waited. I probably would have been happy with the game play but the missing features make it a miss, happy to say I saved money on this.. if only I could have been as smart with LBP3...
Old 12-15-2014, 09:57 AM   #43
Just started!

As a loyal BeAGm guy, im dissapointed in the effort...how hard is it to patch in the ability to edit my players during beagm...It cant be that bleeping hard..huge letdown EA...cmon EA, at this point i hope 2k makes a hockey game and they blew at that before.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:14 PM   #44
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 15 Leaves Fans Disappointed Again with Overhyped 'New Era' Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubeau
I don't think the team should be blamed. It is most surely a decision of EA management to rush this game, an unfinished product. They should have skip a year, but they prefer to fraud peoples of their money. This isn't surprising from EA, and you should always wait before buying their product, to be sure it isn't another greedy release on their parts
But they skipped a year so they basically had a 2 year cycle to make this game and what customers got was a pretty ****ty product.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:15 PM   #45
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 C00lness
According to vgchartz,com, as of 11/22/14 NHL 15 has sold 590,000 copies worldwide on the 4 platforms combined. NHL 14 sold 880,000 copies on 2 platforms. NHL 13 sold 1.2 million copies on 2 platforms. In 2 years, sales have been cut in half. Good for us for telling EA in the most direct way possible that this series has gone to ****. For comparison, Fifa 15 has sold 10.02 million copies, just on the 4 platforms NHL 15 was released on. Clearly, EA will prioritize FIFA over NHL. My question is, with the downward trend in sales, what is the breaking point? At what point does EA say it is not profitable to make this game anymore?
It will have to depend on how many sales are considered a profit. I am happy that sales bottomed out though, hopefully it wake up EA and their development team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2014, 04:43 PM   #46
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 C00lness
See, to me... the question shoudln't be "At what point does EA say it is not profitable to make this game anymore?" The question needs to be "At what point does EA realize their customers aren't buying the game, because it's not up to par with expectations?"

The demand for the product is still there, just not in it's current state. Improve the product, sales will follow.

That seems to be their problem over there though. They're looking at it as... "Well its bleeding sales, lets cut back the resources we're putting into it in order to maximize what little profit is left", rather than saying, "We're bleeding sales, how do we get them back and make this product better?"

Now maybe they have information that says the demand isn't there for a hockey game whether its good, or bad to warrant spending the necessary resources. If that's the case, then there's not much you can do. As big as hockey is in some of the more populated area's of the world though, I personally find that hard to believe.

I think the demand is still there, but it's just not there for a product that's slipping in quality.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:05 PM   #47
Rookie

headzapp's Arena

I love the game. The gameplay is the most realistic we've ever had, especially with the right sliders. I stood by the game as with madden's first year on ps3 that was stripped.
I'm not a blind fan though. I was under the impression that by them skipping xone and ps4 in 14 that they were working on the game for two years to make it insane for the first release. Madden 25 came out looking decent with all features. MLB the show 14 came out looking great with all the features. I also stood by them when I heard the team got split up to help with ufc. Which really is unacceptable. Hire some devs from somewhere else. Don't strip a team that's working on another game to put them in jeopardy, but then again what were they doing with the game the year before?
No ahl in beagm is disappointing. ALso with the non stats to see who's worthy on being called up with an injury. I have players on 2 way contracts, and they got put on waivers when I sent them down to make room for Brodeur. I'm pretty sure if you're on a two way contract you can be sent down. Being two months into the season sometimes the goalie stats in the start of the game are all zeros. It's disappointing. They did a great job on presentation though. With the ice getting chopping and how it makes marks when your player falls and the scraped ice in shootouts. There needs to be board play, defensive sticks that replicate real hockey. Do that, and with the other modes that are missing this year the game will be the best next year.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:31 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by headzapp
I have players on 2 way contracts, and they got put on waivers when I sent them down to make room for Brodeur. I'm pretty sure if you're on a two way contract you can be sent down.
That's not accurate. Two-way contracts have nothing to do with having to go through waivers or not. They just indicate that a player has a different salary based on whether he plays in the NHL or AHL.

As for the goalie stats issue at the start of the game, the issue only occurs when you go into the edit lines screen just before the game. If you make all your changes in the BeaGm edit lines menu rather than the edit lines menu that pops up before the game, the goalie stats will apppear correctly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »