Home

Did the patches/updates "improve the game"

This is a discussion on Did the patches/updates "improve the game" within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2015, 01:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Did the patches/updates "improve the game"

Did the fixes that EA patched in, "fix the game"? Such as the draft, or the extra online modes.

Also can you skip line changes in be a pro? I know that wasnt there at launch but was that patched in?

I am on the fence on this game and I can grab it for $10 cash (I have a gift card to a local store). I will be playing on ps4 and am mostly an offline gamer but I will dabble in HUT and the like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2015, 02:19 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Did the patches/updates "improve the game"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmouse2008
Did the fixes that EA patched in, "fix the game"? Such as the draft, or the extra online modes.
A draft was added to the offseason in Be A Gm mode. But there is still no way to do a fantasy draft at the start of your Be A GM.

Online Team Play and Offline Playoff mode were patched in. OTP lacks lobbies, which makes it extremely tough to play with your friends, plus it is limited to 5 vs. 5 play (goalies are always AI controlled). I don't recommend getting this game for OTP.

Quote:
Also can you skip line changes in be a pro? I know that wasnt there at launch but was that patched in?
You still cannot sim to your next shift in Be A Pro. The entire mode also takes place in the NHL, as there's no minor league system in BAP.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

The most recent tuners make the game miserable as an offline player. iIwent to back to 1.00 with default settings to get goal variation back. The downside to that, however, is no penalties being called and braindead defensive AI.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:40 PM   #4
Rookie

Posednik22's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmouse2008

I am on the fence on this game and I can grab it for $10 cash (I have a gift card to a local store). I will be playing on ps4 and am mostly an offline gamer but I will dabble in HUT and the like.
Maxmouse, if you are on the fence go for it....

I'm a big OFFLINE player as well and waited till the game was 60% off on Xbox live. Since we all know that be a pro was left to dry this year, I play be a GM with locked position on RD, couldn't be happier I made the move....

I play with the 1.01 tuner, and the most realistic settings I could tweak. The gameplay is out of this world on next gen for me.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:19 PM   #5
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posednik22

I'm a big OFFLINE player as well and waited till the game was 60% off on Xbox live. Since we all know that be a pro was left to dry this year, I play be a GM with locked position on RD, couldn't be happier I made the move....

I play with the 1.01 tuner, and the most realistic settings I could tweak. The gameplay is out of this world on next gen for me.
For me, I don't see anything out of this world regarding gameplay. To me, the game is a deke-fest and every player feels the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2015, 05:05 AM   #6
Rookie

robinson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhex27
The most recent tuners make the game miserable as an offline player. iIwent to back to 1.00 with default settings to get goal variation back. The downside to that, however, is no penalties being called and braindead defensive AI.

Try these sliders.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:08 AM   #7
Rookie

robinson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posednik22

Be curious what sliders you have diff then mine. We got them pretty good right now. Definitely got the slider set better then it was in the fall.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:23 PM   #8
Rookie

NortheastKid's Arena

Nope. It's ugly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »