Home

Is this game worth buying yet?

This is a discussion on Is this game worth buying yet? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2015, 12:22 AM   #17
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Is this game worth buying yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLaguno
can someone answer this please?...Im really on the fence and could use some input on these
No, you cannot control multiple teams in GM mode and there is no Single Season mode. And the computer makes awful roster moves and decisions.

This game is pure trash, I can't lie. My opinion of this game is that it is absolute garbage. It isn't even hockey. I try to be optimistic about it, but it just does so much wrong and so very little right. There are opinions and impressions all over these boards and about 70% of the people dislike the game, in my estimation.

I have probably played this, and every version, of NHL more than just about anyone on here and this year's version is possibly just about as bad as any of them ever have been. The game can't seem to replicate even the most simplest aspects of a real hockey game and strategy and hockey knowledge mean little to nothing.

I am coming up on my 300th online game and I am ranked in the top 75 and I hate it. I hate it when I win as much as I hate it when I lose. The only reason I even play it at all is because I am good at it and I like to win at things. That and because there is absolutely no other video game that is called hockey.

Offline is so boring, easy, and predictable that I would probably predict that the game wouldn't last even a month in your rotation of gaming if you like anything else in the world.

These are my opinions on the game. Every week we have people coming in here and asking about the state of this game. I can't stay silent and let a counterpoint not be heard anymore.

If you want more specific examples check out the bugs and glitches thread, the wish list thread, the somewhat comprehensive list of game play flaws thread, the impressions thread, or any other thread in these forums asking where things are or why some feature is broken or flawed.

Or just take the hint that these forums are nearly a ghost town other than a few diehards trying to brainstorm ways to fix the horrible and incomplete game that we have been served. Even the people that claim they love this game have sold it, become bored with it, or only play one very specific game mode over and over again and claim they can look past most of the flaws and just enjoy it for what it is because this is all we are getting.

Make your own decision though. But if you buy the game please come back in over a month and let us know if you are still playing it and what you think at that point. Because the luster of this steaming pile of **** wears off super quick, within days, for most hockey fans anyway.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:34 AM   #18
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss

Sliders, how can you really have a big difference if you're only allowed to have 4-6 clicks? Sliders is great if it works....but here...barely.
Hi ,
I would normally agreed with you on slider depth but games like MLBTS and NHL arent old fashion 100 or even 50 click slider games anymore as programming and AI play a huge part so we get alot of random stuff you cant get with sliders alone .

As far as NHL goes tonight I changed 1 slider and its like a whole new game as I lowered my hit assistance 1 click and now games are perfect for me and stats are balanced even TOA !

That one little click now forces me to play better position and if I scramble in my D zone I will eventually pay and overall especially on key sliders I think NHL has more then depth and even penalties as me and the cpu average 3 or many times more PP in 8 minute periods .
Old 02-27-2015, 04:11 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think it's worth it if you're strictly an offline BAGM type of player. That's how I play 100% of the time and i'm having a great time with it. I found sliders that work for me and offer me a fun time.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:49 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

so there is no way for me to set up control of multiple teams in any mode in NHL 15 this year??....thats a real bummer. I like to play season and Franchise modes in sports game where I can control and play with many teams....it makes it more like a commissioner or sandbox mode game for me. This is how I play Madden, NBA 2k, and MLB the Show. I cant believe there is no way to do this in the NHL 15 game!!?

How can EA screw this up???
Old 02-27-2015, 10:23 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
so there is no way for me to set up control of multiple teams in any mode in NHL 15 this year??
You can control any of the 16 teams in the offline playoff mode.

But that's the only mode on PS4/Xbox One to have that functionality.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2015, 10:24 PM   #22
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

Quote:
so there is no way for me to set up control of multiple teams in any mode in NHL 15 this year??....thats a real bummer. I like to play season and Franchise modes in sports game where I can control and play with many teams....it makes it more like a commissioner or sandbox mode game for me. This is how I play Madden, NBA 2k, and MLB the Show. I cant believe there is no way to do this in the NHL 15 game!!?

We've been asking that since August. At this point you might as well just wait it out and see what '16 brings. Unless you are dying for a game that tries to be hockey and falls severely short. Then I would suggest eBay or the bargain bin. I am sure the game will be on EA access in a month or so. NBA Live already is. I paid $35 in October. That was $30 too much, in my mind.
Old 02-28-2015, 03:38 AM   #23
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

Yes its pretty bad and many were hoping for a patch but I knew even if they did like a season mode control all team and transactions it would be a bug fest .
I just hope one day they have a roster share and in game slider saves but I been hoping for that since 2008 but IMO gameplay is the best its ever been for NHL 15
Old 02-28-2015, 03:42 AM   #24
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

Ha! Gameplay!

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-systems.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »