Home

Be a GM - Under the Salary Cap Problem/Bug

This is a discussion on Be a GM - Under the Salary Cap Problem/Bug within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2015, 12:29 PM   #1
Pro

jaiman's Arena

OVR: 5
Be a GM - Under the Salary Cap Problem/Bug

I just finished the season with the Leafs and began the 'rebuild'. I drafted prospects, signed some free agents and traded a few players. I go to make some much needed call ups before the waiver deadline, only for them to tell me that "This move will put you under the salary cap minimum". So, right now I've got 18 skaters up in the organization and it won't let me call up any additional players. No matter what I try, I continuously get that under the cap minimum message.

The minimum cap for 2015-16 is like $53 Million and the max is 72 Million. I'm a little over 51 Million right now. So, I am aware that I am under; however, even if I sign a new player to put me over the top, he seems to end up in the minors and does not count towards my player cap.

I'm not really sure what to do next. And I was pretty excited about my 'rebuild' moves going into '15-'16.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2015, 12:47 PM   #2
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Be a GM - Under the Salary Cap Problem/Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman
I just finished the season with the Leafs and began the 'rebuild'. I drafted prospects, signed some free agents and traded a few players. I go to make some much needed call ups before the waiver deadline, only for them to tell me that "This move will put you under the salary cap minimum". So, right now I've got 18 skaters up in the organization and it won't let me call up any additional players. No matter what I try, I continuously get that under the cap minimum message.

The minimum cap for 2015-16 is like $53 Million and the max is 72 Million. I'm a little over 51 Million right now. So, I am aware that I am under; however, even if I sign a new player to put me over the top, he seems to end up in the minors and does not count towards my player cap.

I'm not really sure what to do next. And I was pretty excited about my 'rebuild' moves going into '15-'16.
Player movement has always been so goofy in the game. Signing guys in the off season I seem to remember being a pain, because you had to work around your salary cap, despite it not being what the salary cap would be, or even something you had to worry about before the season started.

It was always obnoxious when i couldn't move guys up or down because the weird logic of the game thought there was something wrong with it.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:39 PM   #3
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

I believe only the players on the NHL roster count towards the salary cap, so you need at least 18 skaters and 2 goalies that fall into the salary cap range. So call up a recent FA that will bring your CAP over 53 million.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:22 PM   #4
Pro

jaiman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I believe only the players on the NHL roster count towards the salary cap, so you need at least 18 skaters and 2 goalies that fall into the salary cap range. So call up a recent FA that will bring your CAP over 53 million.
I have been trying to call up recent free agents or even guys I traded for that ended up in the minors. Anytime I try to add a 19th player, it tells me that this would put me 'under the salary minimum'. When essentially, it should be putting me over it and everything should be good to go. Very strange.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:30 PM   #5
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I have been trying to call up recent free agents or even guys I traded for that ended up in the minors. Anytime I try to add a 19th player, it tells me that this would put me 'under the salary minimum'. When essentially, it should be putting me over it and everything should be good to go. Very strange.
Maybe it's talking about the AHL or something odd like that? Do you have a screenshot? Sounds like a bug.. but I'd like to see the error you are getting.

Mine kept telling me not enough players in the minors and I'm thinking why does it matter when they don't even play games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2015, 12:00 AM   #6
Pro

jaiman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Maybe it's talking about the AHL or something odd like that? Do you have a screenshot? Sounds like a bug.. but I'd like to see the error you are getting.

Mine kept telling me not enough players in the minors and I'm thinking why does it matter when they don't even play games?
I'll get a couple for you when I delve back into it. I'm really hoping I can find a way around this. Kinda ridiculous.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:38 AM   #7
Rookie

cowellj's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I'll get a couple for you when I delve back into it. I'm really hoping I can find a way around this. Kinda ridiculous.
In the off-season, if you know you're going to be well under the salary cap...sign one or two FA's for 1-year at big $$$....to make sure you are over the minimum
Old 03-11-2015, 12:37 PM   #8
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowellj
In the off-season, if you know you're going to be well under the salary cap...sign one or two FA's for 1-year at big $$$....to make sure you are over the minimum
Ha, I am sure he didn't know this would even be an issue. A better solution would be, how about they make a game that isn't incomplete and buggy as hell.

Jaiman, can you possibly place a player on a 2 way contract in the minors from the big club still? Might give you a roster spot to sign someone to a one-way contract on the big club and get you over the cap basement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »