Home

Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane are the NHL 16 Cover Athletes

This is a discussion on Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane are the NHL 16 Cover Athletes within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2015, 04:23 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 6
Makes the UFC cover look good. Can't believe someone would of got paid to come up with that thing
Old 06-26-2015, 09:40 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane are the NHL 16 Cover Athletes

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
I don't really understand how their cover decision "hasn't worked out too great" It's not like the cover is going to have a negative effect on sales. Honestly, if anyone cites the cover as their reason for not buying the game, if I'm EA, I'm not particularly sure I'd even care about that person, or group of persons as a customer. It's... it's just crazy.

It's going to work out just fine for them. It's not going to make anyone not buy the game. If anything, it might interest more people in the game who are hawks fans, or Chicago area residents who might not care much about hockey, but are swept up in the excitement the team provides.

I think the picture looks goofy, but really. I don't care what's on the cover of the game. I care whats IN the game.
Well, it hasn't worked out great in the sense that the vast majority of people are talking about it negatively. Will it effect sales? Maybe, maybe not. I've read a few comments on Twitter, Facebook where people are saying they won't buy the game because of it. Don't get me wrong, it's completely ridiculous to imply you were going to buy a game until you saw the box cover. But these people do exist, and they're mad. I wouldn't imagine EA is targeting this audience, but after last year's debacle, most of their customers have a pretty short fuse.
Old 06-26-2015, 02:41 PM   #59
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

If gameplay ever gets released I have a sneaky suspicion that the cover won't be talked about again. I think the lack of actual gameplay footage makes this cover thing such a big deal for people. Once people see the revamped goalies, neutral zone pressure, better player and team separation, and better collision detection, this cover thing will be long forgotten.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 06-29-2015, 11:21 AM   #60
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

I can honestly say I spend about 12 second each year looking at the cover, after that I rip the game open and want to play it. A cover never has or will affect my decision to buy a game and frankly these are the best choices for it. All sports games should put the champions on the cover.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:19 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 27

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2015, 12:39 AM   #62
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3
Great cover of the champs and did you notice the playoff beard tie ins ! I cannot wait for this game and playoff beards and the in depth atmosphere looks even better for NHL 16 ~! Its in the game !

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »