Home

NHL 16: Official Gameplay Balance Video, Trailer and Blog

This is a discussion on NHL 16: Official Gameplay Balance Video, Trailer and Blog within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2015, 04:07 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Couldn't they just implement a slider for nz pressure . Wouldn't that help the game or would it mess things up ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2015, 04:29 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron777
Couldn't they just implement a slider for nz pressure . Wouldn't that help the game or would it mess things up ?
I domt know what sliders could do to help. The A.I. In general just needs to be better, however you don't want a situation where the A.I. Can stop everything. I'm sure it's auch harder thing to balance then we all think but it defiantly needs some work.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:33 PM   #27
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 16: Official Gameplay Balance Video, Trailer and Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron777
Hard to create a slider to affect something that isn't programmed into the game to begin with.

And by pressure I hope they realize that we don't mean more hits that level players. We mean space that is taken away because a pass may get picked off or deflected, or a puck carrier might get stripped and have the rush go back the other way against them.

Every hockey coach stresses smart hockey and not turning it over in the neutral zone. Always gain the red and get it deep if you have no other option. In EA's NHL you always have other options.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:39 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Kudos to them for releasing the sizzle real and the gameplay video side by side. Especially considering how underwhelming the actual gameplay clip is.

Last edited by ddhex27; 07-14-2015 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:51 PM   #29
Rookie

nddurst's Arena

I'm thinking NHL 16 is going to be a no-go for me this year. It'll be the fourth year in a row I've passed on this game.

I had some pretty high expectations this year, and I must admit EA did make strides to improve some of the things I had issue with. But there are still some glaring legacy issues in the core gameplay that this video confirms still exist. And for me, a mostly offline player, they are huge. And this doesn't even include potential shortfalls of Be A GM mode, which also doesn't have the best track record.

I just don't see myself getting prolonged enjoyment out of this game. Would I enjoy the occasional game against the CPU or a buddy? Sure, could be fun. But that's not enough for me to fork over $60.

As of now, I will not be purchasing this game.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:03 PM   #30
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

I didn't mind the video, at least we know we can tweak a few things once the game comes out, but the skating is good for player vs player. Still don't know if the cpu has that unrealistic stop and reverse, to gain an advantage BS, they need to be given real momentum so they have to actually stop and go like real skaters.

I do see some improvements, but they should have shown a bit more.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:03 PM   #31
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

After a few watches it started to look better. I did see some good things with passing. I would really like to feel what the version of manual passing feels like this year, and how well the assertions of expanded control over chipping pucks off the boards and everything is implemented.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2015, 05:07 PM   #32
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
Wow that gameplay was slow
That's the problem with that camera angle. To me the game plays much smoother on true broadcast or broadcast. Skating up and down is boring to me

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »