Home

NHL 16 Q&A Update - No Demo, Goaltender Interference & More

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Q&A Update - No Demo, Goaltender Interference & More within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2015, 07:04 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 16 Q&A Update - No Demo, Goaltender Interference & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I get so frustrated when I read stuff like this.. you freaking had this in your game a few years ago!!!

You add immersion and then take it away.. year after year.
I always wondered why they did it too, but I wonder if it wasn't done to have more of a "broadcast" feel to a game now, instead of an "at the rink" flavour.

With all the NBC branding they seem to be pushing a "it's on TV!" vibe, so if that was the reason, I could understand it. But it's probably just something they took out. :P
Old 07-27-2015, 09:24 PM   #34
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJMarley
I hope they fix teammate AI in this game. Nothing is worse than trying to breakout w the puck behind your own net only to have your teammate skate right in front of you.
The AI just not knowing where to be, or what to do in general, would be a monumental fix for the series.

I can't count the number of times I had the potential for an odd-man break, just to have my defender who was in center ice with me, going 2-on-1 stop at the blue line after we crossed it, leaving me to go solo on the defender. It was infuriating.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:44 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
I get so frustrated when I read stuff like this.. you freaking had this in your game a few years ago!!!

Really frustrated me too ,really miss the Three stars sequence showing at the end of the game,please just put it in again!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2015, 06:16 AM   #36
Rookie

s_mkheidze's Arena

Quote:

I agree. While the 3 starts thing is not something that I am concerned with, it is another symptom of of the main issue with this title. 2 steps forward, 3 steps back.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:58 AM   #37
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrel
I always wondered why they did it too, but I wonder if it wasn't done to have more of a "broadcast" feel to a game now, instead of an "at the rink" flavour.

With all the NBC branding they seem to be pushing a "it's on TV!" vibe, so if that was the reason, I could understand it. But it's probably just something they took out. :P
You might be right.. I'm just used to watching Blues games where they show the 3 stars coming back onto the ice.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:12 PM   #38
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrel

Rammer stated that it was because of the broadcast feel. He talked about it when they patched the 3 stars back into the game in its current fashion. I believe he also stated that their data indicated that people just skipped over it.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:12 PM   #39
Rookie

BigDisk's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Rammer stated that it was because of the broadcast feel. He talked about it when they patched the 3 stars back into the game in its current fashion. I believe he also stated that their data indicated that people just skipped over it.
I always skip it. But there are those moments you want to see that... Like the first time you make the 3 stars with your Be A Pro character in the NHL, or first time in EASHL.

But yeah, I don't really care about this stuff either, I'd rather see time invested in real gameplay features, or a better EASHL/DropIn matchmaking experience
Old 07-28-2015, 04:48 PM   #40
Rookie

It is going to be possible to customize our music like on the xbox 360....

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »