Home

NHL 16 EASHL Beta Extended Until August 10, New Tuner Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on NHL 16 EASHL Beta Extended Until August 10, New Tuner Available Now, Details Included within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2015, 10:35 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 16 EASHL Beta Extended Until August 10, New Tuner Available Now, Details Included

A new gameplay tuner is available now for the NHL 16 EASHL beta, which downloads automatically when you launch the beta. In order for the NHL 16 team to get more feedback from fans, they are extending the beta until August 10 sometime between 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM PT.

Quote:
This tuner will only impact gameplay and will not affect other in-game elements such as presentation or online connection. This tuner will update EASHL player class attributes and general gameplay elements to make the game more balanced. As this is a beta, your current experience will not fully represent what will be in NHL 16 when the game launches in September. We are incredibly appreciative of all the feedback so far, and we will continue to improve and refine the experience.

EASHL Beta Gameplay Tuner Details
  • Lowered AI faceoff attributes.
  • Lowered Power Forwards shot accuracy and chance to intercept the puck cleanly to make up for their strong puck control.
  • Lowered success of the standup goalie to cover the top of the net when in the butterfly.
  • Lowered strength of protecting the puck. Players will still absorb hits in the right situations, but it will lower the threshold of the strength of the collision to cause the player to stumble.
  • Lowered balance on all classes slightly to go hand in hand with the lowering of puck control strength when protecting the puck.
  • Decreased friction on boards to help regular passes kick around easier.
  • The goalie will favor the shooter more, taking away the short-side but will be more vulnerable to cross-ice passes as a result.
  • Lowered AI goalie speed moving across for passes.
  • Less goalie error on slower pucks on net towards their 5-hole.
  • Lowered AI goalie aggression to come out and play the puck and chance of flipping the puck over the glass.
  • Lowered goalie passing/shooting speed.
  • Decreased player controlled goalie speed in core movement (T-pushes and full butterfly pushes) to make them easier to control.
  • Lowered speed of goalie passing the puck out from their glove when they are covering the puck, and raised the ability for a near opponent to intercept it.
  • Increased player controlled goalies ability to make saves near their body when they are cutting off the angles, and decreased ability to make saves when they are back on the goal line and forced to reach out to the edges of the net.
  • Added a fix to prevent faceoff spamming from working.
  • Reduced wrap around success for shooters to be more in line with the player controlled goalies ability to get over.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2015, 10:03 AM   #2
Banned

steveeee's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NHL 16 EASHL Beta Extended Until August 10, New Tuner Available Now, Details Incl

I'm totally impressed by all the gameplay updates already just in the beta by fixing complaints from the community already.. if the EA devs are already willing to do this many fixes and updates already during the beta.. I must say this game is going to be awesome!

last night I played and noticed the following

Quote:
Lowered strength of protecting the puck. Players will still absorb hits in the right situations, but it will lower the threshold of the strength of the collision to cause the player to stumble.
you can bump people off the puck now when they are about to shoot no problem..

Quote:
Decreased player controlled goalie speed in core movement (T-pushes and full butterfly pushes) to make them easier to control.
Quote:
Increased player controlled goalies ability to make saves near their body when they are cutting off the angles, and decreased ability to make saves when they are back on the goal line and forced to reach out to the edges of the net.
Quote:
Reduced wrap around success for shooters to be more in line with the player controlled goalies ability to get over.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:45 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NHL 16 EASHL Beta Extended Until August 10, New Tuner Available Now, Details Incl

Great impressions Steveeee.
Would love to hear more from anyone who has the latest build.

Hearing how different each build feels and plays, it makes me wish the NHL series had a mode where you can play with completely fictional, randomly generated players, made entirely in the 12 different player types.
Perhaps add in 20 to 30 'superstar' players who's skills are a combination of several different types. That way you still get studs like Crosby, Ovie, Stammer, etc.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:46 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I played one game as a human goalie tonight, and the right joystick controls felt a lot more responsive. I wasn't feeling the input delay on those moves like I was before the patch. I also felt like I was able to control my movements a lot more effectively without sliding out of position. So human goalies are actually playable now, whereas before, most user goalie games ended up with double digit goals scored.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:33 AM   #5
Just started!

OVR: 0

That way you still get studs like Crosby, Ovie, Stammer, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »