Home

NHL 16 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Get 10 Hours of Gamplay

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Get 10 Hours of Gamplay within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 12:42 AM   #289
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: NHL 16 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Get 10 Hours of Gamplay

I was pretty excited to try this on EA access this year, haven't played a hockey game in a long time and thought it was time to get back in on one. After playing an exhibition game and then a long 'be a pro' game, my main problem with the game is the same problem I had with the last EA games I tried...it's just not 'fun' anymore. It's this weird mix of trying to be sim and try to be fun but doesn't seem to really succeed at either. I really dislike the controls, I can't stand the right analog stick stuff but the alternate controls are completely lame too (right trigger speed burst anyone?).

It may just be me, but the announcers really annoy me in this game. I miss Gary Thorne/Bill Clement.

I'm really disappointed with the game honestly, and probably won't be purchasing it now. It reminds of like NBA 2k like 10 years ago, it was trying to sim but the problem was is that it wasn't 'fun'. NHL used to be fun but not particularly realistic, then 2k did both forcing EA to up their game but now the EA game has lost that fun factor it used to have...I would trade realism for fun at this point.

Another year without an NHL game. Frankly, I wish they'd just update the old pc/genesis versions from the early 90's to add online play + updated rosters, can you imagine playing 5 on 5 NHL 93/94/95 on Xbox Live? That would be awesome. At least have some version that people can casually have fun with. NHL 2002 was the last version I remember having a ton of fun with our 5 person line pc league.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:14 AM   #290
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NHL 16 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Get 10 Hours of Gamplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
did i hear (or maybe it's just the voices in my head) - but I believe I read this has something to do with the NHLPA who do not want to embarrass players by giving them low ratings. so it might be outside of EA's control, which is pretty pathetic...
Yes, you are correct.
The PA eventually stepped-in when players like Shawn Chambers and Ken Baumgartner were rated 1-OV and 2-OV respectively.
That's why we have players within 15 points of each other.

BL8001, that's very encouraging to hear.
I look forward to more of your impressions.
I just don't know when I'll get my PS4 back now that Desinty's update has been released.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:35 AM   #291
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Players still feel different though. The Sedins aren't the best for knocking people off the puck, nor are many of the Canucks, and you'll find yourself struggling against certain players and teams physically.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »