Home

New Tuner 11/13

This is a discussion on New Tuner 11/13 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2015, 04:02 PM   #105
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: New Tuner 11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPoppa17211
What sliders are you using? You always seem to have a great idea as to how the game should be played.
Earlier in this thread.. not much from AS/Hardcore defaults.

From my old memory...

7 min periods/penalty time scaling +1 (middle)
Manual passing OFF
Pass assist +1 (middle)
Fighting MAX
All 3 penalty sliders MAX
Goalie reaction time +1 (5)
AI strategy setting -1 (3) (middle)
ICE Cam
Auto aim

I believe that's spot on or VERY close to what I'm using with this tuner and latest November roster. (I know there are two more, but I started my BeaGM with the latest November roster that had the presentation updates).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2015, 07:02 PM   #106
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Played a BeaGm game last night and the CPU received a major for boarding and a game misconduct.. pretty neat. There was even a cut scene of the AI player arguing with the ref.

There is really a nice blend of penalties with this tuner. I do have an occasional game of only a couple of penalties like the NHL. It's refreshing to see I'm not last in power plays or penalty kills like years past.
In my last 5 BeAGM games I've received:

5 minute major and game ejection for boarding

Matching minors for a big hit on Landeskog that no one ended up dropping gloves for

7 penalties in my team and 5 on the other in a Wednesday Night Rivalry game against the Red Wings

A game with 1 penalty called between both teams.

I'm in heaven. All Star Hardcore, 8 minute periods, all 3 penalty sliders maxed, Fighting maxed, AI and User Strat Adjustment in the dead center.

If you Chase the puck and continuously switch players on defense, you will get destroyed by the CPU. Play passing lanes, and when the puck goes in the corner glide there and pin, don't go full bore and let the guy skate by you.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 12-09-2015, 11:15 AM   #107
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium

Matching minors for a big hit on Landeskog that no one ended up dropping gloves for

7 penalties in my team and 5 on the other in a Wednesday Night Rivalry game against the Red Wings

I'm in heaven. All Star Hardcore, 8 minute periods, all 3 penalty sliders maxed, Fighting maxed, AI and User Strat Adjustment in the dead center.

If you Chase the puck and continuously switch players on defense, you will get destroyed by the CPU. Play passing lanes, and when the puck goes in the corner glide there and pin, don't go full bore and let the guy skate by you.

Agreed. I'm 15 games into my season and seeing all those things you mentioned and also double minors for high sticking. My games are actually a lot of fun and I have not enjoyed a season in this series the way I am right now.

There may not be the player seperation I want but I do feel a difference in teams though. Maybe not like the real teams are but more like how they are going during my season. The Caps came in on a hot streak and Holtby playing great and I was shut down and beaten 4-2. The Avs are off to a bad start and took 3 early penalties that I converted on 2 of them and spanked them 5-0. In past releases I never felt this happen and every game seemed the same no matter how the teams were playing.

I've also noticed starting goalies off to a really bad start have lost their starting jobs and are replaced by their backups. This is surprising since I control all 30 teams and have assistant coach edit lines off but I do have auto rotate on. Anyway I'm rambling. The game is not perfect but after all my complaining and a rough start by EA with this release I think they are at the very least on the right track.

Last edited by jake19ny; 12-09-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:29 AM   #108
Banned

OVR: 0

I bought NHL 2016 in Sept like a Lemming and even with the patches up to mid October noticed that the game was so unplayable for me, I drop it, and picked up the legacy edition and have been having great games (with known legacy issues aside).

Now that a new tuner was released on Nov 13 for 2016 the comments seem to be that the game is much better, so I am willing to give it another go.

However, I noticed that a few posted mentions a bug saying that sometimes you can get a penalty and you are short-handed longer than the allotted time. Is this still an issue. and if so, how often does this happen and under what circumstances does it occur?
Old 12-09-2015, 12:07 PM   #109
Banned

OVR: 20

Was there another new tuner or am I that bone-headed that I just downloaded this tuner last night?
Old 12-09-2015, 12:34 PM   #110
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium

Pretty much the same, except I use 7 min periods.

Game is playing really awesome right now.. I just had a 5 game winning streak on this last homestand.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:40 AM   #111
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm digging my GM season also. 26 games in after several restarts, i'm a pathetic 7-15-4. But still ejoying it. At one point i was on a 4-0-1 run, but have dropped seven straight since. Pretty much i feel of my own doing. Using All-Star default ,with just a few minor tweaks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2015, 01:12 PM   #112
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Make it a 6 game winning streak. Game was 0-0 until the 3rd period when I scored two goals within 57 seconds of each other and beat Winnipeg, 4-1 (one being an EN).

Playing Nashville next who leads the league at 25-3-3, I think they had a 14 game winning streak at one point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »