Home

Auto Defense on HUT!!?

This is a discussion on Auto Defense on HUT!!? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2015, 06:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Auto Defense on HUT!!?

I've just played a game on HUT where it appeared the person I was playing against wasn't controlling there team. He won the first face off and then his player just stood there like he had put the controller down.

When I poke checked the puck all his defenders went crazy, 3 of them straight to me and got the puck back. Then again would just stand still like he had put the controller down.

This continued for most of the period until I got called for a penalty. As soon as he had a powerplay he won the faceoff and then sniped it top corner. 1-0 him.

This pattern continued for the whole game, I eventually won 4-3 but how was he getting his team to play unbelieveble defense when he wasn't controlling anything?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2015, 10:35 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Auto Defense on HUT!!?

Because the AI plays incredible defense when you don't control them lol. It was way worse in 15
Old 12-04-2015, 09:34 AM   #3
Banned

Re: Auto Defense on HUT!!?

Look up Bacon Country on Youtube. He dubbed this "skilled zone defense", that is what your opponent played. The idea is that you set up the game where you lock in on one position (usually the center) and just hang around the slot looking to poke check and bump players from getting high percentage scoring chances. Your AI's are set to High Pressure and they become relentless.

Bacon recently did a video where he played the skilled zone defense himself to show how incredibly overpowering the AI players are when you allow them in the game to play.

Of course he's against this, and sites that idea that you don't even play when you resort to such tactics.

Truth be told, I tried it too to see for myself. It is a huge advantage defensively. The downside is that you can't control anyone other then the position you're locked in at. This becomes a huge disadvantage when an AI is on a breakaway and you can't control it for the money dekes for goals.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »