Home

Managing Lines in NHL 16

This is a discussion on Managing Lines in NHL 16 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2016, 10:39 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Managing Lines in NHL 16

Managing your lines effectively is something that's often overlooked by some of the more casual NHL gamers out there, but it can be the difference between a win and a loss against skilled opposition. It also helps to go through your team strategy options before you dive into some of the more advanced tactics in this game, but that’s a topic for another day. For now, here are some entry-level ways you can improve your line management in NHL 16.

Read More - Managing Lines in NHL 16
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2016, 01:18 PM   #2
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6
Kinda new with NHL GM mode, one thing i don't understand are waiver contracts. Why can i barely send players down to minors, and bring players up. I like shuffling through players and I really hate being limited to 2-3 players in the NHL to send down to the minors
Old 02-18-2016, 01:35 PM   #3
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Managing Lines in NHL 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
Kinda new with NHL GM mode, one thing i don't understand are waiver contracts. Why can i barely send players down to minors, and bring players up. I like shuffling through players and I really hate being limited to 2-3 players in the NHL to send down to the minors
It just depends on the type of contract the player has. I'm not sure of the real life specifics, but generally, in game, a player on a 2-way contract will be able to go up and down. If you sign a free agent, that's one of the things you can try to sign them to, though I think players usually don't want to. Rookies also generally don't have to clear waivers, so they can be sent down more easily, without fear of losing them.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:59 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13
Am I missing something or can you not match lines in NHL 16? I don't recall seeing who my opponent is putting out there, even when I am the home team, so I have no opportunity to match lines. Is there a setting for this or am I somehow missing it?
Old 02-18-2016, 06:46 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Managing Lines in NHL 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
It just depends on the type of contract the player has. I'm not sure of the real life specifics, but generally, in game, a player on a 2-way contract will be able to go up and down. If you sign a free agent, that's one of the things you can try to sign them to, though I think players usually don't want to. Rookies also generally don't have to clear waivers, so they can be sent down more easily, without fear of losing them.
Two way deals are for lower salaries in the ahl, they have nothing to do with waiver eligibility, though they usually go hand in hand. But in some cases, you can have two way guys with waivers, and vice versa.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2016, 08:46 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Am I missing something or can you not match lines in NHL 16? I don't recall seeing who my opponent is putting out there, even when I am the home team, so I have no opportunity to match lines. Is there a setting for this or am I somehow missing it?
No you can't see line match ups.
Old 02-19-2016, 02:14 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
The developers have stated in several interviews that line matching isn't included in the game because they believe everyone online will just exit and reenter the matchup screen until they get to be the home team and they can have the last change advantage.
Old 02-19-2016, 02:51 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
But you can't even match lines in offline play. The NHL series has been a dud since 2011 IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »