Home

Some More NHL 17 Features Revealed, Includes All-New Franchise Mode & Draft Champions

This is a discussion on Some More NHL 17 Features Revealed, Includes All-New Franchise Mode & Draft Champions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2016, 02:17 PM   #25
curmudgeon

norml's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Some More NHL 17 Features Revealed, Includes All-New Franchise Mode & Draft Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
Is NHL 16 bad? Is it worth picking up at a discount?
Don't bother. It's pretty bad.

PS4- zappaforever
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2016, 03:25 PM   #26
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Some More NHL 17 Features Revealed, Includes All-New Franchise Mode & Draft Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by norml
Don't bother. It's pretty bad.
I wouldn't say don't bother. I think it depends what you expectations are. If you're expecting NHL 13/14 with next-gen graphics, it's a good game. But, gameplay wise, everything you liked is probably the same, and on the same token, anything you hated is there still as well.

The small tweaks help, but by and large, I find the gameplay to be nearly identical to NHL13 and 14 on last gen consoles. If you're okay with that, then I think it's worth it at a discount.

So, if you hated NHL13/14, avoid it. If you loved it, you should love this, if (like me) you thought it was an okay game, that needed a ton of work, but was sadly the only representation of hockey available so you suffer through it begrudgingly...you'll still think that. You'll just think it while admiring the shiny new glass and annoying NHL mascots.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:25 PM   #27
Rookie

peter21's Arena

OVR: 1

So my take from this authentic goalies with real emotion is we'll see Henrik Lundqvist flip the goal over every 25 games or so.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:00 PM   #28
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I love this year's game and can't wait for the new version. The Owner-mode GM features are a nice addition.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:04 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0
With authentic goalies being in, does this mean Fleury will be Swiss cheese in net like he is in real life?
Old 05-24-2016, 07:49 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC12
With authentic goalies being in, does this mean Fleury will be Swiss cheese in the playoffs like he is in real life?
Fixed it for ya.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:32 AM   #31
Just started!

EA Sports managed to produce an incredible amount of words considering they say practically nothing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2016, 07:22 AM   #32
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRoomInFrame
EA Sports managed to produce an incredible amount of words considering they say practically nothing.
Man we hockey gamers are so bad....my self included at times. They used an incredible amount of words? If it was a short article with limited info we would crush them for that. Say nothing we kill them, say something we call them liars......NHL 16 albeit next gen NHL 14 was not a bad game. Can't we just wait until the game comes out at least before we drop the usual insults and complaints on them?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »