Home

NHL 17 Q&A #2 - Collisions, AI Improvements, New Goalie Cam, No Roster Sharing & More

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Q&A #2 - Collisions, AI Improvements, New Goalie Cam, No Roster Sharing & More within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2016, 05:23 AM   #49
Rookie

Lofton's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 17 Q&A #2 - Collisions, AI Improvements, New Goalie Cam, No Roster Sharing &

I just think EA doesn't get it, making a roster isn't just about moving players around different teams or signing a player from free agency.

Its all about setting players apart from one another. I can deke through an entire team using a 60 overall player and sometimes lower, everybody's skill level is the same. And its been that way for some time now.

But what's going on, I understand that you guys at EA cant put players at a low overall rating. I know your guys hands must be tied in that regard, but ours are not.

Give us the freedom, too make a franchise player standout from a 4th line scrub in the AHL.

And if that's too hard, hire these boys from Revamped Rosters and sack that other fella.

Cheers mate, even we in New Zealand, would like too see sim hockey
Old 06-20-2016, 10:44 AM   #50
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 17 Q&A #2 - Collisions, AI Improvements, New Goalie Cam, No Roster Sharing &

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lofton
I just think EA doesn't get it, making a roster isn't just about moving players around different teams or signing a player from free agency.

Its all about setting players apart from one another. I can deke through an entire team using a 60 overall player and sometimes lower, everybody's skill level is the same. And its been that way for some time now.

But what's going on, I understand that you guys at EA cant put players at a low overall rating. I know your guys hands must be tied in that regard, but ours are not.

Give us the freedom, too make a franchise player standout from a 4th line scrub in the AHL.

And if that's too hard, hire these boys from Revamped Rosters and sack that other fella.

Cheers mate, even we in New Zealand, would like too see sim hockey
That's been something that's frustrated me a lot with the series. The Show has been embracing customization for a while now. Custom slider sets, rosters, players (Their player creator is amazingly efficient. If you're curious head over to The Show's forums on this site and check the various Create a Pro threads people have going).

Even with EA's NHL, the roster sharing was never official, just a work-around that the Revamped team and others were able to capitalize on. If the NHL team really supported it, it would be great.

I've posted this type of thought a million times, but imagine being able to customize the ice texture, or create your own jerseys offline on a computer, and then import them via Xbox Live or your Playstation account. You could download them to your game, host them on the NHL team's servers and share them with everyone. A rating system would allow people to really get what they wanted, much like The Show does things.

I would love the chance to create jerseys for the international teams and edit their rosters and players to have some really accurate tournaments. Guys like the Revamped team do great work with the ratings, and really help to fine tune a game that's just too evenly matched. Rookies, veterans, franchise players, they just don't matter in the stock game, because every rating is so closely spaced. I know EA has a lot on their plate, and honestly, I think customization would help take a lot off of that plate. Keeping up with every rookie, team roster, and player in the NHL alone is a massive undertaking, let alone the AHL, juniors, and now the ECHL. Then you factor in International teams (I really hope teams like Japan and Kazakhstan aren't in any more) and you've just got a team that's either getting spread to thin to be effective on everything...or skipping out on included leagues because they're focused on the important ones. It's a lose/lose for them.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:51 PM   #51
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
On Creating Teams...
- Anyone know if you can do it like NBA 2K16? On there you could upload logos to a site and bring them in and edit everything on the jerseys and more. Or is this where you just select a logo that is already on NHL 17 and use it?
- Also, so will you be able to create a team and use them from the start of a Franchise, by replacing a team? Or is this like Madden where you have to play as the team you want to replace, until you can relocate which is a pain?
- Last, no mention of it, but will there be custom draft classes? (I always make prospects for games to become future stars.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2016, 08:42 PM   #52
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
That's been something that's frustrated me a lot with the series. The Show has been embracing customization for a while now. Custom slider sets, rosters, players (Their player creator is amazingly efficient. If you're curious head over to The Show's forums on this site and check the various Create a Pro threads people have going).

Even with EA's NHL, the roster sharing was never official, just a work-around that the Revamped team and others were able to capitalize on. If the NHL team really supported it, it would be great.

I've posted this type of thought a million times, but imagine being able to customize the ice texture, or create your own jerseys offline on a computer, and then import them via Xbox Live or your Playstation account. You could download them to your game, host them on the NHL team's servers and share them with everyone. A rating system would allow people to really get what they wanted, much like The Show does things.

I would love the chance to create jerseys for the international teams and edit their rosters and players to have some really accurate tournaments. Guys like the Revamped team do great work with the ratings, and really help to fine tune a game that's just too evenly matched. Rookies, veterans, franchise players, they just don't matter in the stock game, because every rating is so closely spaced. I know EA has a lot on their plate, and honestly, I think customization would help take a lot off of that plate. Keeping up with every rookie, team roster, and player in the NHL alone is a massive undertaking, let alone the AHL, juniors, and now the ECHL. Then you factor in International teams (I really hope teams like Japan and Kazakhstan aren't in any more) and you've just got a team that's either getting spread to thin to be effective on everything...or skipping out on included leagues because they're focused on the important ones. It's a lose/lose for them.
That level of customization would be wonderful. I'd go absolutely nuts.

I work 50 hours every week and I found time to do the revamped rosters for myself this year. I think they can find some time to do it themselves.

Or, I would gladly leave my job for a position with them. The level of detail I would devote to it would be extreme. I can dream.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:30 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 3
While I agree that roster sharing is long overdue, I would be happy with same day roster/lineup updates.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:37 AM   #54
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericromain
While I agree that roster sharing is long overdue, I would be happy with same day roster/lineup updates.
That's the extra salt in the wound. No roster sharing and only once a month updates (if that) that are woefully inaccurate or outdated. Not to mention horrific player separation....
Old 06-21-2016, 09:20 AM   #55
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
That level of customization would be wonderful. I'd go absolutely nuts.

I work 50 hours every week and I found time to do the revamped rosters for myself this year. I think they can find some time to do it themselves.

Or, I would gladly leave my job for a position with them. The level of detail I would devote to it would be extreme. I can dream.
Haha, no kidding. I work 40+ hours a week as a System Admin, and am studying for the god awful MCSA exams after hours (THREE TESTS, MICROSOFT?! YOU COULDN'T JUST MAKE IT ONE!?). But I would gladly bust out Photoshop in what little free time I had to create some crisp jerseys, updated helmets, and ice rinks.

Throwing teams like Slovenia into the mix and getting some customized international ice to have a tournament on would be so much fun. Then having talented people such as yourself to create accurate rosters, and others who like to make accurate looking players, and still others who have a knack for hammering out realistic slider settings...it would be a dream come true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2016, 04:25 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
On Creating Teams...
- Anyone know if you can do it like NBA 2K16? On there you could upload logos to a site and bring them in and edit everything on the jerseys and more. Or is this where you just select a logo that is already on NHL 17 and use it?
- Also, so will you be able to create a team and use them from the start of a Franchise, by replacing a team? Or is this like Madden where you have to play as the team you want to replace, until you can relocate which is a pain?
- Last, no mention of it, but will there be custom draft classes? (I always make prospects for games to become future stars.)
NCAA Football allowed you to import custom logo designs for years via their teambuilder site.

As to custom draft classes, the closest you'll get is the ability to edit draft-eligible players in the CHL and Euro leagues. You can't import a draft class or make players that don't play in any of those leagues AFAIK.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »