Home

EA NHL and Player Equipment

This is a discussion on EA NHL and Player Equipment within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2016, 12:23 PM   #1
Rookie

Mongo14's Arena

OVR: 2
EA NHL and Player Equipment

For years EA has tried to improve player likeness in NHL.

However the screenshots have showed that EA will not have the Easton helmet series at all in the next game (Neal, Parise, Doughty all wear CCM helmets)

Sticks have also only been made for a specific handedness (mostly left) and that makes the stick look backwards on rightys.

As a Ranger fan I rarely use them in season modes because EA has NEVER gotten their team glove design correct, and they are all made with the same template of style.

For me, player equipment is a huge factor for likeness, while it may be hard to get every NHL player's face in the game, getting a lay of the land of who wears what equipment (helmets, sticks, team glove color) would be much easier and will add a sense of realism.

While people want to see improvement in gameplay and modes, that can't just be fixed over night, player equipment is EASY and I don't understand why EA has never tried to get every helmet glove or stick style actively used in the NHL. It has always been extremely limited.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 09:43 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA NHL and Player Equipment

Totally agree! I wouldn't go as far as saying they do nothing for player likeness but it's definitely a growing concern. I hadn't noticed the right sticks, but the Rangers' gloves have made me crazy as well! The CCM helmets on everyone this year are a strange thing given certain players were never assigned those helmets in previous games. It would be incredibly practical if roster updates didn't affect equipment changes we chose to make given EA rarely updates player equipment. Lastly, we're yet again noticing a lack of player scans amongst the most elite NHLers. Wheeler, Kucherov and Forsberg amongst others rank amongst the best of their positions for NHL 17, yet still wear generic faces.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:02 PM   #3
Rookie

bradbitte's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA NHL and Player Equipment

Would like to see vintage equipment as 2k did to customize. I think it's not so hard to add winwell classic helmet, nike zoom fedorov, or old ccm gloves for exemple...

Maybe one day

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »