Home

Last Second Comebacks/Tie Breaks

This is a discussion on Last Second Comebacks/Tie Breaks within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2016, 10:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 21

Anyone else see this a lot?

I was up 3-0 against the Avs and they were playing garbage. All of a sudden in the third they come back to 3-3 and of course one is an own goal which another poster started a thread on the frequency.

In 4 of 5 games I have played I have been tied in the third and the CPU scores in the last 30 seconds.

Maybe I haven't played enough for a sample size yet but it has happened two games in a row and feels like there is a guarantee it's going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 05:12 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Last Second Comebacks/Tie Breaks

in Franchise mode i think it depends on what setting you have cpu stratergy adjustment, the higher the value the more they attack if behind in last period
Old 09-16-2016, 01:14 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've played just 5 franchise games so far, and maybe another 5 in Play Now. One of them had the CPU blitz me for 5 goals in the first period and mysteriously the Playstation button got pushed and the game exited.... all the other games have been terrific, playing as Dallas, lost 5-4 to Anaheim on a late PP goal, then winning 3-2 in OT against Colorado, scoring to tie in the last 30 seconds after pulling my goalie, then notching the GW about 3 minutes into overtime. rest of the games have been standard stuff with no real weird stuff. Penalties are varied, averaging 2 or 3 per game both sides, lot's of loose pucks, playing 10 minute periods with TOP and shot totals very realistic. I have not downloaded the newest tuner. This thing is terrific so far.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:17 PM   #4
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

In past years it's a pretty big urban legend that it was tied to cpu strategy adjustment or difficulty adjustment. If you lower strategy adjustment in year's past, the CPU would never pull the goalie with more than 30 seconds left. Just something to look for when you play around with the slider.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:24 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scutaro
I've played just 5 franchise games so far, and maybe another 5 in Play Now. One of them had the CPU blitz me for 5 goals in the first period and mysteriously the Playstation button got pushed and the game exited.... all the other games have been terrific, playing as Dallas, lost 5-4 to Anaheim on a late PP goal, then winning 3-2 in OT against Colorado, scoring to tie in the last 30 seconds after pulling my goalie, then notching the GW about 3 minutes into overtime. rest of the games have been standard stuff with no real weird stuff. Penalties are varied, averaging 2 or 3 per game both sides, lot's of loose pucks, playing 10 minute periods with TOP and shot totals very realistic. I have not downloaded the newest tuner. This thing is terrific so far.
lol I've had that bug before as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 04:46 PM   #6
Rookie

il_tedesco's Arena

I have the feeling the cpu is cheating me. Whenever i score a goal or two they instantly score a goal or two. And most time the goals are pretty weak ones. Ive never had a game where i shutout the cpu. And ive played nearly 30 games in my franchise. It's so annoying. I had two or three games with 1 goal against. At Times i cant do anything against these goals, and they are often total garbage ones.. When i dont score the cpu doesnt score either. It's pretty frustrating. Im playing on all Star full sim.
Old 09-22-2016, 05:32 PM   #7
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

EAs games are notorious for comeback AI in franchise mode, and plays much better in exhibition mode ( play now)....there are "appropriate" blowouts. So i tested games in SEASON mode....first game was penguins ( me) versus anaheim on all star, out shot 39-26 and outposessed but still managed a 4-1 win because pit goalie murray stood on his head. Try season mode, i didnt experience any cheating ai from that game. Maybe it is different than franchise....

But for sure play now is free of this rubberband ai.

Oh ive always put cpu difficulty adjustment at 0. Maybe that is why....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2016, 07:25 PM   #8
Rookie

CaptainSuperman's Arena

CPU difficulty should always be at 0, in my opinion and experience. And as far as shutouts go, between two goalies a team will get no more than 10 at the VERY most in a season, so I don't see that unreasonable.

I haven't touched Franchise quite yet, and haven't seen any of the last minute blitz's like before. However there are times where I DEFINITELY feel the pressure mounting and may spend an entire real time minute in my zone, but alas no goals. It makes for exciting gameplay and a genuine feel, rather than just biding time until I score more goals and ultimately win the game. I think we all get the feeling of 'unfairness' from time to time but in an 82 game schedule stuff like that IS bound to happen, just have to think bigger picture and be okay with it

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »