Home

EASHL poke check spam " not seeing penalties"

This is a discussion on EASHL poke check spam " not seeing penalties" within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2016, 10:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
EASHL poke check spam " not seeing penalties"

Is anyone else having issues with everyone they play in club spamming the poke check and not getting called for any tripping penalties? Our club is having a hard time getting anything going for the excessive poke check spamming where seeing.

We've only gotten one or two power plays out of 15 games over tripping penalties. I understand people are going to cheese online, NHL has always been one of the worse games for it. If they'd start getting penalties for spamming maybe they'd cut back on the spamming.

I don't have a issue with a well time poke check and the defender taking the puck off your stick, but just mashing the poke none stop and never getting a penalty is getting old fast. Just wondering if our club is the only one having these issues. Maybe we're just not good enough to counter it, thoughts? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2016, 11:07 AM   #2
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: EASHL poke check spam " not seeing penalties"

I haven't seen a problem with penalties but they can lower the success rate, especially poke checking from behind. The good thing about poke check being the way it is, dump and chase works really well because d-men have a hard time getting the puck out of the zone. So my team usually combats it by dump and chase and having a guy in front of the net for a one timer. If you notice the d-man creeping up, either shoot it around the boards or do a deke really early and see if you can slide past him.
Old 09-18-2016, 01:51 PM   #3
Rookie

VeNOM2099's Arena

OVR: 3

Pretty much what Cletus said. if you come up against someone that just spams poke check all the time, dump-n-chase is your best bet. It will force them to start backing up into their zone more to try to recover the puck before your players do.

Like others have said, I don't really mind that the poke check is more effective in the defensive zone as it was a sorely needed buff to last year's game. My beef is with the fact that the spam isn't punished more, especially those that keep poke checking from behind or with their players back turned to the puck holder.
The days have gone down in the West... behind the Hills... into Shadow.

How did it come to this?
Old 09-18-2016, 10:04 PM   #4
Rookie

natey2k4's Arena

OVR: 1

Pokecheck should stay as succesful as it is. I hate seeing replays in past games where someone scores after a stick going through the puck and the stick. It's annoying.

However, they should put some kind of system in where you can only pokecheck once every three seconds. Or something similar. Spamming it is a bit much.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:54 PM   #5
Rookie

We've gotten better at countering it, but you have to figure skate a bit and dump and chase a little to often. I DON'T want the poke ineffective, I just want people that spam constantly to get penalties. NHL players can't poke check this effectively.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 05:04 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think the poke check is fine. It's hard enough playing D already. I don't spam Poke Check but I like how I can actually use it as an effective defensive tool now.

It's pretty much the only line of defense in this game. Stick lift gives you penalties quite a bit. The new net tie ups are fantastic tool as well. This game is finally doing some good things for D.

Still need that 2k stick sweep
Old 09-20-2016, 12:24 PM   #7
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

My biggest problem with poke checking is the behind the back no look poke check that perfectly knocks the puck off someones stick. If youre not looking at the play and have your back completely turned toward it, you shoouldnt be able to no look poke check the puck off someones stick. Its ********.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »