Home

BaP defenseman

This is a discussion on BaP defenseman within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2016, 06:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
BaP defenseman

Hi,

I could use some help. I play BaP as a defensive Dman, but I can't earn a good defensive rating. The problem is that when you get things like an "odd man rush" (which will eventually happen in a game plus sometimes it pops up when the attacker is just a step in front of you, but you immediately catch up) you receive so many negative points, that I can't "equalize" them with any other defensive action like: pokes, hits, blocks, etc., because these only give you very few points. So I can be lucky, if I end up with double digit percantage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2016, 08:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: BaP defenseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Glover
Hi,

I could use some help. I play BaP as a defensive Dman, but I can't earn a good defensive rating. The problem is that when you get things like an "odd man rush" (which will eventually happen in a game plus sometimes it pops up when the attacker is just a step in front of you, but you immediately catch up) you receive so many negative points, that I can't "equalize" them with any other defensive action like: pokes, hits, blocks, etc., because these only give you very few points. So I can be lucky, if I end up with double digit percantage.
I play as a 2 way defenseman, so I only need 55% right now to get a good rating, and I agree completely. The game is so quick to dock you points even if it wasn't even your fault, but then like you said pokes, blocks, etc barely give you points even if you were to defend against an obvious scoring chance. My biggest issue so far is the absolutely horrible teammate AI. I can't even count how many times my teammates make a mistake and I have to pay for it. Other team streaming up the board and I'm right on their tail? Teammate decides he needs to come over and help out, leaving the center heading for goal to one time it in. So many missed assignments by my teammates only for me to take the hit for it.

I'm honestly close to just trading the game in. It's really no fun at all to go 2 periods with absolute shut down defense, only for a teammate to leave someone open shift after shift so the other team can get several goals in a row to come back.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:33 PM   #3
Rookie

Turn cpu strategy adjustment to 0, and ai learning down a couple, see it that changes anything
Old 09-27-2016, 03:31 PM   #4
Rookie

CPT JPMorgan's Arena

OVR: 3

I've thought the same thing and it is killing me. Are there any "cheap" ways to build up defense grade? Most of the time, if I play "perfect" defense, it means I won't earn anything. It's only when I screw up and have to recover that I actually earn anything towards my defense grade, lol. You should get a SMALL bonus for every time the other team enters your zone and leaves without scoring i guess. Kind of like bad line defense when they score, or good line offense when you score, etc.

Old 09-28-2016, 02:54 PM   #5
Rookie

Hmm, not sure, I only have a goalie bap going right now and loving it, so haven't started anything else yet, but try adjusting the poke check and stick lift all the way up for human only, same with puck control and passing, and turn human penalties all the way down so you can spam poke or lift without worrying about penalties, puck control will help with defensive recoveries, maybe adjust hitting if it's a problem for you too?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »