Home

Worst NHL ever, franchise mode = unplayable

This is a discussion on Worst NHL ever, franchise mode = unplayable within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2016, 04:34 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Worst NHL ever, franchise mode = unplayable

Ive tried tinkering with literally everything. This game is broken in every way.

Player switching is an absolute nightmare. Why cant you just give us the option to manually switch players you stupid ea devs. We have wanted this for years, instead you give us hot dog prices! Too many times my cpu is asleep and when I try to switch to the player who has the most logical angle to play the puck it switches me to a guy on the other side of the ice facing the wrong way.

This game has pre determined outcomes based on how your season is going. I just played a game out shot the cpu 21 -3, lost 1-0 on a bs goal. Every shot I took was green on the goalie grid, yet every shot was robbed from point blank and about ten others didnt even make it on net. All because I was 7-1 to start my season.

Ive had to mess around with fatigue sliders because randomly throughout the season my players will skate at 45 accelearation and 25 speed.

The motions and visuals just appear off at all times. Sticks slide through boards and the post like holograms. Players have awkward collisions that dont look real at all

How in the world did this game possibly get worse? I complained about many of these things last year and its like instead of fixing it they turned up the cpu dumbness up a notch. What the heck!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2016, 11:55 AM   #2
Rookie

HailTheSkins's Arena

Re: Worst NHL ever, franchise mode = unplayable

I am having same issues with franchise. ALSO to top it off every single cpu teams captain gets changed to an alternate after the preseason at beginning of franchise. Teams send down their captains and call them back up and assign them Alternate captain instead.. Super annoying lol
Old 10-11-2016, 03:37 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

im using my created team in franchise with al titos sliders and the game is playing great.

I think im 11-10-3 on the season.

My only issues with franchise is how you can even view boxscores from the calendar and you have to go through a whole song and dance to check out who is leading in each stat.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:51 PM   #4
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

It has its issues..... Can't go with you on the switching players as I haven't had a single issue with it. However, "Worst NHL ever" and "unplayable" are a bit hyperbole.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Old 11-10-2016, 09:20 PM   #5
Just started!

I'm in total agreement. I have stopped playing this game as it's completely unenjoyable in franchise mode. I can outshoot the AI 25 to 4 but lose the game. The AI goalie stands on his head and stops everything. My players give up the puck at will, but the AI maintains possession after a big hit. In franchise mode this game is UNPLAYABLE!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2016, 02:01 PM   #6
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
It has its issues..... Can't go with you on the switching players as I haven't had a single issue with it. However, "Worst NHL ever" and "unplayable" are a bit hyperbole.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Yeah, I think NHL15 would like to have a word on that one.
Old 11-11-2016, 02:19 PM   #7
Rookie

I had a rough start when I first bought this game, but now learned to win almost every game...

My only complaint is how stupid the goalies look if you don't defend, because they slide so slowly around the crease it looks like they're not even trying.

That's the only unrealistic thing about player stats for me, even if I win the cup my goalie has 0.7 or 0.8 saving %
Old 11-12-2016, 04:56 AM   #8
Rookie

I donot have a problem with this game franchise mode at all, I just follow the advice from these forums do my own tweaks and have 2 franchises going well, coul be better but then want game is perfect, look at the fifa 17 forums and the owners are not that happy given the amount of money spent on that game, still each to their own view

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »