Home

Create-A-Mask?

This is a discussion on Create-A-Mask? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2016, 04:18 PM   #1
Rookie

Rhouston's Arena

OVR: 3
Create-A-Mask?

I am a big fan of immersion, and while I understand the licensing issues that accompany EA's ability to get real masks into the game for all NHL goaltenders (they have Quick's and they had Marty's in the past), I do think it is totally feasible to have a create-a-mask feature where you can select the base color, the cage color, and upload your own images (or generic stock images), which can be layered to create a mask to your liking.

NBA 2K has this for jerseys, I don't understand why EA NHL doesn't have this feature in yet. Would anyone else like to see this or am I alone here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2016, 05:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Create-A-Mask?

Would definitely be a great feature, along with being able to upload custom images for create a team, EASHL and HUT. Would add a completely new dimension to the game.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:41 PM   #3
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Would like to see this too.

I moved a team to Atlanta and thus don't have any premade team-specific masks to choose from. I've chosen a blue mask as a nod to Blueland but the Blue doesn't match the Thrashers blue alts that I have or the blues used throughout the arena the design is also odd. Ideally I could create a white mask with Blue details so it works better with our home and aways, or even better have a different helmet for the different sweaters (not entirely realistic but it's not uncommon to see a certain mask used with special alternates).

This would be beneficial to BAP Goalies and because of the relocation aspect of the game, really surprised they didn't put at least a rudimentary version of something like this in the game.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 10-23-2016, 05:16 PM   #4
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

Yep, been wanting this for years. NHL 17 made great strides with Creation Zone, so I do think Create-A-Mask (and custom logos) will become a reality someday.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:23 AM   #5
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

It's been my dream for a while that allowing people to take use of the technology available would give us better masks and such.

I remember being a kid in high school (2004 was when I graduated) and there was this flight-sim game that I played. Obviously, editing was easier moving from computer to computer, but anyhow, in the game, you could get the "skin" of the plane. The company had "default" skins that were basically just a blank version of the plane. It had the basic details on there, and you could color around them, and paint the plane the way you wanted it. It looked like This.

If EA released something online, say a helmet template, or a sweater template, then maybe a designated design for logos and fonts, the end-user could really help to shape the customization. Imagine being able to import your own logo that was made in Illustrator, like the real teams do. Then you've got a logo that isn't constrained by EA (I think they kind of make things a little too cartoony). Similarly, you could edit the rest of the sweater and pants themselves. Most beneficial to this though, would be the goalies. If they gave you a template like this where you could put your image on, and then go someplace like EA's "Create a Mask" website, upload the image, and then download it on your system, it would allow you to create your own masks. You wouldn't have to worry about fit in game, because it's already on the in-game template. Then you select strap colors, cage color, and if you want a hanging throat guard as normal.

With that, you allow people to really get creative, and it frees EA from having to do the hard work themselves.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »