Home

NHL 18: AI wishlist/feedback

This is a discussion on NHL 18: AI wishlist/feedback within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2016, 03:10 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Icon3 NHL 18: AI wishlist/feedback

Hi guys,
I thought we could start the ongoing thread, where we list and discuss which ai tendencies or habits frustrates us most. Or what should be added.
Real life videos are welcomed too.

Please let's keep this thread for ai only, so its more easy to look at.

I start with passing.
I liked Nhl 11 a for manual speed passing.

Thankfully its back in 17. Even better we have now dedicated slider so we can tune the range between slow and fast passes.

What still sucks tho is that this slider is not really working for ai. So ai still passes in constant speed (no matter how far or close their teammates are) which makes them look really stupid and robotic.

Last edited by DJ NEO; 10-28-2016 at 03:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2016, 03:36 PM   #2
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NHL 18: AI wishlist/feedback

Would this AI wishlist thread include front office logic wishes?

I.e. Brad Marchand didn't get a multi-year deal and now I'm a month into the season he's now asking for 1 year but no one is biting (I'd sign him but I have to send someone down first, unfortunately I can't send anyone down without falling below the cap floor but that's a complaint for another thread), it defies logic that he would go unsigned (either he's too demanding or the offers are too little and there's no negotiating occurring).

Also better reasons for not signing: "your team isn't good enough" after you win a Stanley Cup may be true if you won playing on a low difficulty BUT its not a good way of phrasing that, if your team is categorized as rebuilding then they should mention their desire to win now and they're skepticism of the team's ability to do that (it'll still be weird if the user is winning games on a lower difficulty but it'll be a more realistic explanation). Also when roster or Skater contract list is full we should be told whether a player would sign if we had the space. Currently the game will usually give 2 explanations, the first of which is that the offer isn't good enough but then the 2nd will mention lack of room on the team. So I'll be told that my offer isn't good enough but they would love to sign but I have no space...

I apologize if these wishes being somewhere else, technically they are related to AI but I think this thread was meant for on-ice AI.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 11-03-2016, 06:26 PM   #3
Banned

sure why not, you are welcomed
Old 11-04-2016, 05:38 AM   #4
Rookie

I would like more interaction in franchise mode when a game is on so that the coach can tell the team to for example more aggressive or take less pens , without having to change sliders during a game, this is over and above the stratergies changes. I want to feel more like I am coaching the team\players during the game. Also its about time the we have the refs speaking ie. pens calls ect. 2k had this years ago. I would like also players banned for games and too many men on the ice also to be there.
Old 11-05-2016, 11:14 PM   #5
Rookie

- That the AI d-men would setup breakouts from behind their net
- bring back team/line tendacies
- have the AI pull the goalie with 2mins left
- if down by a goal in the last two minutes and on a penalty kill, have the AI dump the puck less and try to attack if they can.
- better d-men all around
- roster sharing
- have AI block shots
- smarter GM logic, the trades are still unrealistic
- better faceoff adjustments / logic and not always trying to just tie me up to win faceoffs.
- bring back faceoff adjustments/alignment
- add toss out of faceoff option for offline games
- smarter AI line changes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2016, 12:41 AM   #6
Rookie

GeneralMike's Arena

OVR: 3

More realistic power play and overtime (3 on 3) lines
Old 11-06-2016, 08:28 AM   #7
Rookie

s_mkheidze's Arena

my wish is that they actually put in some AI.....D-men are still as dumb as rocks in their own end when the have the puck. Forwards still don't recognize a 2 on 1 and always peel off instead of staying in a scoring position. This game is good-ish, but it still has lousy AI.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:27 AM   #8
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

I know it's not really AI related, so sorry about that, but here is my wishlist options wise for NHL 18:

- Roster sharing
- Sliders sharing
- Possibility to play online with custom sliders and custom rosters (even if it's only in private exhibition games)
- Ability to save many team strategies and load them easily pre-game in any mode

AI obviously still needs work and there are already good ideas in this thread.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 11-06-2016 at 09:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »