Home

NHL 17 Patch 3.1 Available Now, Full Details Here

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Patch 3.1 Available Now, Full Details Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2017, 10:23 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NHL 17 Patch 3.1 Available Now, Full Details Here

game is easily my favorite hockey game alltime now.
Hitz Pro is probably second.

But this game is great.
For some reason franchise mode gameplay is so much better than the season mode or play now mode. Cant figure out why
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2017, 04:50 PM   #26
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
game is easily my favorite hockey game alltime now.
Hitz Pro is probably second.

But this game is great.
For some reason franchise mode gameplay is so much better than the season mode or play now mode. Cant figure out why
I second that opinion, personally having a blast in franchise mode, besides penalties on low end. but basically the same in all EA sports games.

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Twitch: hunkerdownuga
Sports Franchises:
Madden - Falcons
FIFA- Everton
NHL - Lightening
NBA 2K - Hawks
Old 02-08-2017, 10:38 PM   #27
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

I don't think I'm going to use this newest tuner yet (released today) but for those that do, can you tell me how the goalies play on default 4/4 settings? I upped my goalie sliders and from these notes, they might have fixed some things.. but I'm getting really good games, so I wanted to know how the new tuner is. Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Tuner 1.02 Update (Feb. 8th, 2017)
*We are overwriting the 1.02 tuner with revisions to the goalie tuning to better reflect our original goals after community feedback and further testing.

- Increased top end of goalies precision speed
- Increased goalies ability to make saves in tight to their body even more
- Decreased screen effect some more
- Delay tuning on reactionary saves is now less harsh and more forgiving for being slightly out of position compared to the previous tuner.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:28 AM   #28
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
This patch has totally ruined the game for me. I posted often what a great season I had going but I was waiting fir the shoe to drop. It not only dropped but EA put it on and kicked me square in the you know what....it's beyond bad. Skaters that don't move, bizarre ricochet pucks, constant own goals, goalies who have no idea where the puck is, super insane hits, low shot totals. It's as if EA released a whole new game, and a bad one. I'm quite sure my slider set is not meshing with the new patch but I simply don't have it in me to tweak all over again. Pretty disappointed. I was really enjoying the game this year but looks like my season is over. So sick of these patches and tuners and their horrific unintended consequences

Why do you keep downloading patches and tuners when u have found your settings/sliders? Youve done this since 2 years ago from what i remember. I think you're an offline only guy like me so why take that risk? Youve been burned like this every year it seems

I refuse to download patches and tuners ever since i found my optimal settings/sliders/patch/tuner. I turn off my internet on my ps4 because it automatically downloads patches....

You just cant trust EA to take care of the offline portion because when they release a patch its mostly to cater to the online users.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2017, 09:02 AM   #29
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
Why do you keep downloading patches and tuners when u have found your settings/sliders? Youve done this since 2 years ago from what i remember. I think you're an offline only guy like me so why take that risk? Youve been burned like this every year it seems

I refuse to download patches and tuners ever since i found my optimal settings/sliders/patch/tuner. I turn off my internet on my ps4 because it automatically downloads patches....

You just cant trust EA to take care of the offline portion because when they release a patch its mostly to cater to the online users.

The patch automatically downloaded, I don't remember that ever happening before so it may be my settings set to auto download I have to check. The tuner force downloaded when I played a game of draft champions online. It's funny you bring up this happening to me before andcthat you log out because it made remember that I used to log out of online before even starting the NHL disc something I wish I remembered before this happened. I guess I have nobody to blame but myself

Last edited by jake19ny; 02-09-2017 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:04 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I don't think I'm going to use this newest tuner yet (released today) but for those that do, can you tell me how the goalies play on default 4/4 settings? I upped my goalie sliders and from these notes, they might have fixed some things.. but I'm getting really good games, so I wanted to know how the new tuner is. Thanks in advance!
I haven't downloaded this one yet.
whenever they mess with goalies they seem to start making these funny looking saves where they go at light speed to make a cross crease save. I hate that.

I also like how the goalies are now. I like how the puck squeaks through their arms and 5 hole. Im fearing this patch will get rid of that
Old 02-09-2017, 10:10 AM   #31
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
I haven't downloaded this one yet.
whenever they mess with goalies they seem to start making these funny looking saves where they go at light speed to make a cross crease save. I hate that.

I also like how the goalies are now. I like how the puck squeaks through their arms and 5 hole. Im fearing this patch will get rid of that
Apparently, the tuner only applies to "human" goalies regardless of the mode, so I don't believe it affects AI goalies in franchise mode - I don't think any of the 1.02 goalie updates affect AI goalies at all, so that might explain why upping the goalie sliders has helped to fix the AI goalie issues as the tuner never did anything for this particular mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2017, 01:08 PM   #32
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
The patch automatically downloaded, I don't remember that ever happening before so it may be my settings set to auto download I have to check. The tuner force downloaded when I played a game of draft champions online. It's funny you bring up this happening to me before andcthat you log out because it made remember that I used to log out of online before even starting the NHL disc something I wish I remembered before this happened. I guess I have nobody to blame but myself

Ya the dreaded automatic download....it burned me once before so ever since then i made sure to not happen again. This is why they should let us to download a patch and if we dont like it go back to the previous patch. I dont know if thats possible but who knows....

Another reason why i update my nhl rosters after the summer free agency/ draft/ and roster moves. I have nhl 17 playing amazingly right now, and there is no guarantee that nhl 18 will replicate it. Ill buy 18 but if it severely lacks in a crucial gameplay aspect, i will go back to nhl 17 and use play now. Imagine if nhl 18 plays really well but the game reverts back to having 2 penalties per game like previous years. Another example is the cpu own goals in 17 after the latest patch/tuner. Gamekilling bugs....imagine u win a goalie duel game 7 in OT 2-1 because of a cpu own goal....

Too many variables in this game/series that could go wrong and render it unplayable offline. For my sake: if it aint broke, dont fix it

Last edited by phillyfan23; 02-09-2017 at 01:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »