Home

Considering buying NHL; Some questions?

This is a discussion on Considering buying NHL; Some questions? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2017, 07:56 AM   #1
Rookie

TuffGnarl's Arena

OVR: 0
Considering buying NHL; Some questions?

NHL 17 is currently on sale on PSN and I've been wanting to play one of these games for a while.

I want to know a couple of things first:

Is it possible to play 20 minute periods with realistic stats? I've seen some conflicting posts in these threads. I'd be playing both a player career and a franchise. If it is possible is there a particular set of sliders I need?

Is it possible to have CPU vs CPU games in Franchise mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2017, 01:44 PM   #2
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

Re: Considering buying NHL; Some questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFord
NHL 17 is currently on sale on PSN and I've been wanting to play one of these games for a while.

I want to know a couple of things first:

Is it possible to play 20 minute periods with realistic stats? I've seen some conflicting posts in these threads. I'd be playing both a player career and a franchise. If it is possible is there a particular set of sliders I need?

Is it possible to have CPU vs CPU games in Franchise mode?
I know you can play 20 min periods and i have seen some thread on here saying the stats are not even close.. My question is WHY would you want to play FULL 20 min periods? on 10 min periods it takes 45 mins to play a game. i couldnt imagine playing for 1 complete game for 2 hours.

yes you can play CPU Vrs CPU games in franchise. its selected at the game start up screen

BAP is broken pretty badly but still semi-playable, Franchise is where its at with the right sliders of course. Good luck.. I would purchase!!!
Old 02-28-2017, 12:32 PM   #3
Rookie

Spitfirex007's Arena

OVR: 1

Even at $20. I feel ripped off. Needed something to hold me over until the show comes out. This isn't it lol
Old 03-04-2017, 05:58 PM   #4
Rookie

TuffGnarl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
I know you can play 20 min periods and i have seen some thread on here saying the stats are not even close.. My question is WHY would you want to play FULL 20 min periods? on 10 min periods it takes 45 mins to play a game. i couldnt imagine playing for 1 complete game for 2 hours.

yes you can play CPU Vrs CPU games in franchise. its selected at the game start up screen

BAP is broken pretty badly but still semi-playable, Franchise is where its at with the right sliders of course. Good luck.. I would purchase!!!
I got sort of addicted to playing full length games on Madden, albeit with accelerated play clock and obviously a much shorter regular season. But yeah, that's a good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfirex007
Even at $20. I feel ripped off. Needed something to hold me over until the show comes out. This isn't it lol
Haha, that's my thought exactly. I'm hoping for some changes this year. I was annoyed with missing the first inning of play-by-play during home games on RTTS and they need to do something to allow teams to rebuild. I'm 12 years into a career that I began on the Show 14 (having played every game) and I'm starting to give up on the idea of my team improving enough to win again!

Thanks for the responses guys!
Old 03-06-2017, 11:10 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

I am more a baseball and football hardcore fan. Not being a hardcore hockey guy and therefore not even knowing if the stats are right or not I can say this game is fun as hell. If I knitpicked over stats like I do with football and baseball I might not like it so much.
My 2 way defenseman leads the league in goals scored. Thats realistic, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2017, 01:00 PM   #6
Just started!

Hopper33's Arena

If you're still considering buying this game...one word....DON'T!!!! Way too many problems...EA has a monopoly with the hockey and don't care anymore...just pushing out the same rehashed dribble year after year.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:12 PM   #7
Rookie

If you can get the game at 40 or less, do it.

If you love hockey it's worth it. The gameplay is really good, and the EASHL is well done. They've added enough content to make a variety of ways to play.

HUT is still the machine, and they really add way way too much to it. The sets are fun, but they just went overboard. Cause little kids drop money on it.

NHL 17 is the best version SINCE NHL 15 on 360/ps3

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »