Home

Where is the PLAYOFF FEEL!?

This is a discussion on Where is the PLAYOFF FEEL!? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2017, 11:09 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Where is the PLAYOFF FEEL!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatt96
How did you make your AI teammates as smart as the CPU opposition? Or are you working reverse and trying to make the opposing team's AI as dumb as your teammates AI.
Well ironically I thought about the title of the post "where is the playoff feel!?" And I turned up the CPU/AI aggression to 95, (I used to have both around 75 and would get decent hitting from my teammates) and the AI learning/CPU difficulty adjustment to 2/6. I actually had my teammates hit the CPU's d-man at the blueline, chase the puck and get a 2 on 1 chance. Another time my teammate was aggressive with the stick checking. So if the aggression slider helps my teammates, my dumb teammate problem may be fixed. I'm only 1 period in but it's been a blast so far. The hits are 10-8 so it's helped a bit. A lot more hitting when I'm on the ice.

EDIT: I will probably have to turn penalty sliders down a little bit considering aggression is high.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:19 AM   #10
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatt96
Never thought of doing this, maybe player lock would be more enjoyable...do you have to edit that d-line strategy in game though all the time? Or can you set it before hand?
I set it out outside the game in team strategies menu once and I'm good. I think the options are cycle and shoot, I always max it out on the shoot end for all lines.

Player lock is really enjoyable, play your position and it feels much more like hockey than a video game.

EDIT: Just played against the Capitals in Washington, I agree the atmosphere was horrid, I didn't hear the annoying trumpet or whatever it is to lead the "Go Caps Go" chant. That's a staple and should be in. Helps with the presentation and immersion.

Last edited by iFnotWhyNoT; 04-17-2017 at 12:25 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:28 AM   #11
Rookie

The game ended with 24 hits to 23. So it's still acting goofy. I've tested this before to an extreme level too. Maxed out all aggression/hitting/penalty sliders, and had the CPU play itself for full 20 minute periods while I did something else. There were 17 penalties in the first. Only 4 the last 2 periods. It's like the 1st period is fine, then the last 2 periods it forgets the sliders.

Last edited by Pikesburgh; 04-17-2017 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Spelling error
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »