Home

NHL Username ages?

This is a discussion on NHL Username ages? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2017, 12:18 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NHL Username ages?

I'm 45, I've played every EA NHL game since the Sega Genesis days. I play 99% online, mainly HUT, and I lose a whole lot more than I win, but I enjoy playing sports games online in general. I play a little of EASHL drop in games as a goalie, but unless I stop every shot, teammates usually get mad and quit which makes it tough to finish a game.

This thread is making me think back of all the other hockey games I've played:
-All 2K hockey games starting on Dreamcast
-NHL Hitz series
-There weren't many, but Sony's hockey series on the PS1, NHL Faceoff.
-The one on original Xbox that I can't think of the name. There was only one version of this.
-There was a FOX Sports Hockey game with Kenny Albert announcing on PS2.
-on older consoles, Blades of Steel, Nintendo Ice Hockey (my favorite), NHL Open Ice, Intellivision NHL Hockey (fun, had some intense games when I was a kid), Activision Hockey on Atari.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:25 PM   #10
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs41072
I'm 45, I've played every EA NHL game since the Sega Genesis days. I play 99% online, mainly HUT, and I lose a whole lot more than I win, but I enjoy playing sports games online in general. I play a little of EASHL drop in games as a goalie, but unless I stop every shot, teammates usually get mad and quit which makes it tough to finish a game.

This thread is making me think back of all the other hockey games I've played:
-All 2K hockey games starting on Dreamcast
-NHL Hitz series
-There weren't many, but Sony's hockey series on the PS1, NHL Faceoff.
-The one on original Xbox that I can't think of the name. There was only one version of this.
-There was a FOX Sports Hockey game with Kenny Albert announcing on PS2.
-on older consoles, Blades of Steel, Nintendo Ice Hockey (my favorite), NHL Open Ice, Intellivision NHL Hockey (fun, had some intense games when I was a kid), Activision Hockey on Atari.
The Xbox game was NHL Rivals. Under the XSN slogan. This was a game you could go online with and play as NHL teams 5 on 5 controlling one player. They also updated uni's and the ice logos via patches. Good stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 06-29-2017, 04:15 PM   #11
Rookie

peter21's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm 44 and have played a lot of real and video game hockey.

I grew up playing street and dek hockey on Long Island, then roller and have been playing ice for the past 20 years. I even have a permanent titanium plate in my leg thanks to an on-ice mishap

As for video games, I've had a bunch:

Slap Shot and Slap Shot 2 (C64)
SportTime Hockey (C64)
Wayne Gretzky 3-D (PC)
Ice Hockey (Nintendo)
Blades of Steel (Genesis)
NHL 2K3 and NHL 2k6
Eastside Hockey Manager
NHL Hockey - NHL 2001
NHL 2006-present (except NHL 2015)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2017, 04:53 PM   #12
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9

46 years old. Started playing hockey on my Intellivision. That's right. Moved from that to WGH2 for the PC, which I still think highly of, especially with the Hockey League Simulator disk. (seriously, I can choose between 4 different referee styles, and can choose if its a season or playoff game?!?!). Moved to consoles and started with NHL Hockey for the Sega Genesis. There was a time when I flip flopped years between EA and 2K, and then there was only EA. For a while I was skipping years (NHL06, NHL08,NHL10, etc) but lately there's so many changes in the NHL I find myself trying each new year. Honestly though, I get them through GameFly now. I haven't found the EA game lately that is worth my $60. The one with Giroux on the cover is the last one I owned, and that was a gift. The problem with playing so many EA Hockey games through the years is that you remember all the cool features, or the pretty ok features that only needed a little work to be great, and you now say "hmmmm, I wonder what ever happened to........."
Old 07-01-2017, 02:41 PM   #13
Rookie

rangers9911's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm 29. My family were huge Devils fans and when we moved to NY, the only games we could get on TV was the Rangers so, that's where my love for the NYR comes from. Started with street hockey as a kid, roller and now, beer leagues

I started with NES (Blades of Steel) and made my way through the years and systems. I remember playing Brett Hull Hockey '95 on the PC.The only NHL game I skipped was NHL 16. I spent almost 10 of my years making add ons for the NHL PC series under the same name dating back to 2001 and "retired" from doing that in 2011. Sad to the last remaining sites I frequented when I made add ons shutting down at the end of the month.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:49 PM   #14
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm 45 psn is Caniac have been playing the NHL series since the first one on the sega genesis. First hockey video games I started playing was back in the 80's on the Intellevision & 8-bit NES.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:58 AM   #15
Rookie

BSDShoes's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm 42, played NHL series since NHPA '93 on PC and NHLPA on SNES and NHL 94 on Genesis.

Also played Blades of Steel on NES, what a fun game that was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2017, 03:20 PM   #16
Nak Muay

pslieber's Arena

OVR: 5

Wow - surprised to see so many folks over 30 here(!)...being 40 myself.

PSN: OrngeAlum , location: Tampa, FL.

I think I've played literally every NHL game since Bethesda's Gretzky on my 386 PC...egads! I always enjoy good teammates, opponents and in smaller doses (schedule can be demanding).

Big NY Rangers fan, closet TB Lightning supporter (when they're not playing NYR).

Wonderful idea for a thread; thanks for starting it! Nice to have a reminder that the majority of peeps playing this aren't halfwits with offensive names, soundtracks, or character models.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »