Home

Strategy Settings

This is a discussion on Strategy Settings within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2017, 11:22 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Strategy Settings

For NHL 18, what are your strategy settings. I realize it is based on your personal type of play and the team you have.. but was wondering what or the more popular settings.

I am not sure what the best strategy is for me, as I am playing with the fantasy draft on and the players are all different from normal teams lineups.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2017, 12:55 PM   #2
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Strategy Settings

I recently posted this in the attribute effects thread... If you want to see more movement in the offensive zone from your team, set your individual line strategies on the low side of cycle/shoot. I don't remember the difference being as dramatic in the past, so perhaps some of their puck support tweaks they talked about make it more viable.

All I know is I had it down around two clicks and my players were rotating positions and moving to get open. And this was using both overload and behind the net strategies. Definitely worth the small amount of time it takes.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:56 PM   #3
Rookie

maybe this helps....?

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...trategies.html

Old 10-28-2017, 12:10 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I recently posted this in the attribute effects thread... If you want to see more movement in the offensive zone from your team, set your individual line strategies on the low side of cycle/shoot. I don't remember the difference being as dramatic in the past, so perhaps some of their puck support tweaks they talked about make it more viable.

All I know is I had it down around two clicks and my players were rotating positions and moving to get open. And this was using both overload and behind the net strategies. Definitely worth the small amount of time it takes.
I don't remember the difference being as dramatic in the past too.
i think this year it really matters what or if you use strategies and this with User Strategy Adjustment: 1-3... plays real good.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:01 AM   #5
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Thanks for the suggestion!

In 17, I had it on overload & 5/10's. Guys would move, rotate, and get open. They would give you an option to pass to along the boards.

In 18, they seem to plant themselves around center ice & are completely useless along the sides.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2017, 06:58 AM   #6
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Also, bump up the aggressiveness slider for both cpu and hum to max and play a game as you normally would. This helps the players get to where they need be quicker, sticks in lanes, hunt down pucks, and also move/cycle more in o zone. Granted I use this with AE slider maxed out, but give it a try.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 11-05-2017, 01:00 PM   #7
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Also, bump up the aggressiveness slider for both cpu and hum to max and play a game as you normally would. This helps the players get to where they need be quicker, sticks in lanes, hunt down pucks, and also move/cycle more in o zone. Granted I use this with AE slider maxed out, but give it a try.
Does this drag defenders out of position a lot? Maybe I'll give it a shot. I was working on more physical feel by playing with incidental contact and stumble threshold. More aggressive bots could go nicely with that...
Old 11-05-2017, 01:24 PM   #8
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Does this drag defenders out of position a lot? Maybe I'll give it a shot. I was working on more physical feel by playing with incidental contact and stumble threshold. More aggressive bots could go nicely with that...

I haven’t noticed it to be honest. Seems to have a nice flow to it being maxed. I may be crazy but I’m not seeing the CPU start and stop type skating. Maybe this slider being maxed is forcing them into making passes and dumps instead of that stuttering with the puck.

So far so good over here. So far! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »