Home

So tell me which sliders do I edit to make Goalies do their job?

This is a discussion on So tell me which sliders do I edit to make Goalies do their job? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2017, 12:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
So tell me which sliders do I edit to make Goalies do their job?

I’ve had it with these utter garbage goalies that couldn’t stop a gigantic beach ball rolling towards them 1km/h. You can play the best D in the entire world and they’ll still give up a ton.

I don’t want to touch the gameplay in any way whatsoever, but need my garbage goalies to start doing their job, how do I set my sliders to make them work?

My problem is not losing because of them, it’s their development and unrealistic stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2017, 05:04 PM   #2
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Re: So tell me which sliders do I edit to make Goalies do their job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthFall
I’ve had it with these utter garbage goalies that couldn’t stop a gigantic beach ball rolling towards them 1km/h. You can play the best D in the entire world and they’ll still give up a ton.

I don’t want to touch the gameplay in any way whatsoever, but need my garbage goalies to start doing their job, how do I set my sliders to make them work?

My problem is not losing because of them, it’s their development and unrealistic stats.
You don't need to start a new thread every time you don't like something.

Go into sliders > Scroll over to goalies > Turn up sliders to around 70 > Enjoy the game.

Or: Go to the sliders forum, and find a set that works with the style of game you play. If you're playing in rookie, your goalie is going to be just as bad as the oppositions. If you play in pro, they're both still going to be pretty bad. If you play in allstar, they'll be good as long as you aren't giving up high percentage shots (ie. cross crease one timers, shots from the slot, etc.).
Old 11-30-2017, 05:55 PM   #3
Rookie

I've found it's really feast or famine. Any reaction time slider value of 74 or less means the goalies will let in pretty much anything. If you set it to 75 or higher, they become gods. There's really no happy medium IMO.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:12 AM   #4
Rookie

Thanks lads.

Am playing on all-star or superstar, doesn't really matter they feel almost the same. I want the AI to take more shots so that if I give up 3 goals, it's not 3 goals out of 10-15 shots always. This means my goalies will have bad save % and they'll drop like 2 or even 3 overalls after one season. I've had Reimer develop when I tested simulating one season even though he's 29, but that's because his numbers were good so now that I'm playing all games I'm trying to develop them again, but unfortunately numbers are bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »