Home

Franchise - Regrettable draft picks or trades

This is a discussion on Franchise - Regrettable draft picks or trades within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2017, 10:26 PM   #1
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

OVR: 0
Franchise - Regrettable draft picks or trades

As the topic says, have you ever made a regrettable pick or even a bad trade that has or will affect you for many seasons to come?

At the 2018/19 draft in my Seattle Battlecats franchise, I traded Brian Dumoulin and pick #31 for pick #13 to get a higher prospect D-man for the seasons to come.

Unfortunately I chose Ryan Merkley over Paul Ho.... Ryan Merkley ended up being a 58 Med Top6 & Paul Ho, who I overlooked was a 70 Med Elite!

Not only did I give up Dumoulin (dumb move) who has a bright future, but I also missed picking a player who would have become an elite player.

Decided to keep the game real and not restart the draft, but man that move is going to reverberate through the core of my team for years to come!

On the plus side, after picking up Kevin Shattenkirk as a FA, I traded Calvin De Haan to Boston for their 1st round pick in the next years Draft and they are 2nd bottom 60 games into the season. Here's hoping I make a wise choice then!

Share your trade & draft disaters, would love to hear them -surely I can't be the only one...

Last edited by SeattleBattleCat; 12-10-2017 at 10:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2017, 12:07 AM   #2
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Franchise - Regrettable draft picks or trades

Had a franchise going where in I think the 5th year I really liked the makeup of my team and had the chance to swap first round picks with a team I thought would be terrible. I moved my backup goalie and my 1st for their first.

2 weeks into the season I lose my starter, and end up just with a disaster of a season, my pick I traded ended up as the top overall pick in a draft with a franchise player.

Could not have turned out worse.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 12-11-2017, 11:33 PM   #3
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

Just pulled off a boneheaded move that just completely hurts me for this season and longer if I can't sign him in the offseason.

The Edmonton Oilers traded Ryan Strome to me and in return I sent David Perron, a 4th round pick, P. Nemeth, and A. Czarnik.

Unfortunately it's past the date to sign unsigned UFAs and Edmonton hadn't offered him an actual contract so I'm stuck with him not on my roster this season.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:10 AM   #4
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
Just pulled off a boneheaded move that just completely hurts me for this season and longer if I can't sign him in the offseason.

The Edmonton Oilers traded Ryan Strome to me and in return I sent David Perron, a 4th round pick, P. Nemeth, and A. Czarnik.

Unfortunately it's past the date to sign unsigned UFAs and Edmonton hadn't offered him an actual contract so I'm stuck with him not on my roster this season.

Ouch! Will definitely hurt a bit in your current season but I think you should get an opportunity to sign him with a contract during the following off season in that re-sign phase, just expect to shell out at least 4million a year.

Hopefully his skills don't drop due to not playing
Old 12-12-2017, 02:13 AM   #5
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBattleCat
Ouch! Will definitely hurt a bit in your current season but I think you should get an opportunity to sign him with a contract during the following off season in that re-sign phase, just expect to shell out at least 4million a year.

Hopefully his skills don't drop due to not playing
Yeah I brought him back on a 4 year deal just above 5 mil and my team might have had an outside shot at the playoffs but it would have taken a great second half of the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »