Home

NHL 19 Collision Physics Trailer, Screenshots and Details

This is a discussion on NHL 19 Collision Physics Trailer, Screenshots and Details within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2018, 07:57 PM   #9
Pro

hesko's Arena

OVR: 5
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
ALL SPORTS/Fighting GAMES NEED THIS. relative to their sports of course.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:28 AM   #10
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 19 Collision Physics Trailer, Screenshots and Details

Looking good... I also think the quick start/stop as well as better hitting could help the D out.
Old 07-21-2018, 12:13 PM   #11
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

I haven’t played 18 in a while and I went and played an online game this morning. Here is 100% why new skating and collision could be meaningless. Tied 2-2 with 1 minute to go. My opponent skates over the line and I defend him with my Left D forcing him to stay wide. I close the gap to make a play on the puck or his body, whichever he gives me and I see the all too familiar opponent AI teammate standing in front of my net with my AI right defenseman covering him (2 players standing still while not jostling or tying each other up doesn’t happen in hockey) sure enough....as it happens all the time in this game, just as I make my move my AI right defenseman decides to skate away from the man in front of the net and just wander aimlessly behind the net doing nothing and my opponent quickly sends the pass across for the easy one timer goal.

This happens in online and offline play. It’s exploited online big time as 90% of EA NHL online is skate over the line and shoot or skate down the boards and hope to get the pass across to the open man because the AI abandons him. Wandering, skating into you, and bunching up is way to common by the AI and I’m not sure if skating or collisions will fix that. If it’s not fixed the new skating and collisions will be nothing.

Last edited by jake19ny; 07-21-2018 at 12:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2018, 01:40 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

The biggest question is why PK Subban is wearing a mountie hat
Old 07-22-2018, 04:08 PM   #13
Rookie

Jatt96's Arena

Looks good but they did not show once the player getting back up. They stopped the clips as soon as the player hits the ice.

Prediction? Players will still be getting up WAY too quickly.

But I love the movement, so happy I did not give EA my money last year for 18. Buying these games every other year gives me that excitement factor again of when these games were fresh every year.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:08 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatt96
Looks good but they did not show once the player getting back up. They stopped the clips as soon as the player hits the ice.

Prediction? Players will still be getting up WAY too quickly.

But I love the movement, so happy I did not give EA my money last year for 18. Buying these games every other year gives me that excitement factor again of when these games were fresh every year.
In the write-up that came with the trailer they said the lower the stamina of the checked player, the longer it'll take them to get back to their feet.

Of course it's always best to be sceptical until we see raw gameplay or play it ourselves but it seems like they MAY be fixing the issue which hopefully is the case.

The write-up can be found here if it was missed

https://www.easports.com/nhl/news/20...lision-physics
Old 07-22-2018, 08:45 PM   #15
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVirus
In the write-up that came with the trailer they said the lower the stamina of the checked player, the longer it'll take them to get back to their feet.

Of course it's always best to be sceptical until we see raw gameplay or play it ourselves but it seems like they MAY be fixing the issue which hopefully is the case.

The write-up can be found here if it was missed

https://www.easports.com/nhl/news/20...lision-physics
Even this is idiotic. You could have the stamina of a cheetah but if you get rocked and knocked on your *** doesn’t mean you get up faster. This plays into their HUT garbage. Spend you cash and obtain an overall 99 player and reality and physics won’t matter.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2018, 11:06 AM   #16
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Trailer looked alright; I liked the look of PK's strides when backskating. I really hope there are more bumps and incidental collisions, which I think is more of a tuning issue as you can increase them by raising the slider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Even this is idiotic. You could have the stamina of a cheetah but if you get rocked and knocked on your *** doesn’t mean you get up faster. This plays into their HUT garbage. Spend you cash and obtain an overall 99 player and reality and physics won’t matter.....
I read it as tired players with less energy will take longer to get up, which is fine, albeit fatigue can be hit or miss depending on gamestyle and period length.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »