Home

NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2018, 05:42 PM   #257
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Downloading my PS4 version now. Appreciate the impressions here, they really helped paint a clear picture of what 19 is, and isn't. I think I'll have a lot of fun with it.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 09-25-2018, 07:21 PM   #258
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah

That being said, games seem to be very low scoring so far for me in play now games. Don't get me wrong, I love the improved goalies but scoring seems low in my brief test games.

Have you decreased goalie reaction time slider?? That’s where you should start.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by phillyfan23; 09-25-2018 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:55 AM   #259
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
Have you decreased goalie reaction time slider?? That’s where you should start.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Not yet... going to wait until I test games in franchise mode.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:10 AM   #260
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Not yet... going to wait until I test games in franchise mode.
The goalies are quite a bit less vulnerable to a straight up load and snipe like they were last year, but shuffling the puck around with the LS before a shot is back to being effective. I don't know if you remember it was like this in NHL 16—you kind of wiggle with LS, and maybe move the puck backhand forehand with RS, and then load and shoot. The 'wiggling' before making your RS moves prevents the goalie from getting completely set up, and yeah, they are harder to beat this year if they get really set and locked in.

EDIT: I should also add that I've found you have to be a lot more accurate in aiming loose puck shots like rebounds. In the past I feel like you could just try to get the shot off, but you really do have to read the goalie and aim for the right part of the net on rebounds this year.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 09-26-2018 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-26-2018, 05:40 PM   #261
Rookie

OVR: 5

Hey guys, is everyone using the latest tuner? If so how is it? I reverted back to the intial tuner the game shipped with and have been enjoying it but I’m wondering if it’s better with the newest tuner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2018, 08:53 AM   #262
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm wondering the same as BenVenom. I ended up buying this game yesterday and I left it on the original 1.00 version. If everything is good with the newest then I'll probably update it.

After playing one game last night of a restarted Sharks franchise (needed Erik Karlsson) it was still a ton of fun as when I played the trial. I'm really looking forward to continue playing and I may possibly play this throughout the year for the first time in a really really long time.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 09-27-2018, 11:23 AM   #263
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I've only played a couple games, but in that limited time I've really enjoyed the on-ice experience. You can definitely feel a difference for the better with RPM in the game. Goalies seem more consistent; I've yet to see a head-scratching goal and that's been plaguing this series since the move to PS4/XB1.

Five-man celebrations after a goal is a welcomed (long overdue) addition.

Penalties on default settings (Pro, Full Sim, 10-min.) look to be just about right in terms of frequency and types of infractions called.

Only thing on Pro is that CPU shot totals were a little on the low side (under 25), and overall their pressure didn't seem that intense, even though the attack time was pretty equal. May have to try out All-Star to see if that changes things.

Overall though, very happy with the purchase. Game looks great (is HDR enabled?) on the PS4 Pro/4K TV setup.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 09-28-2018, 10:44 PM   #264
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

Does anyone else have player warping issues when playing drop-in games for the EASHL? Most games the play will momentarily freeze throughout a game then everyone warps around for a moment to catch back up to the play. It's really annoying. It's not my connection as my ping is super low. Some games are worse than others. I'm on PS4 Pro.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »