Home

NHL 19 Review: A Major Stride Forward for the Series

This is a discussion on NHL 19 Review: A Major Stride Forward for the Series within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2018, 01:34 PM   #9
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NHL 19 Review: A Major Stride Forward for the Series

I'll probably pick this up on a big sale but not interested in paying full price for it. I never liked playing Franchise mode much in this game for some reason. I always play this in Madden but for some reason in NHL I prefer to play a career mode. Which for this game is Be a Pro. This mode has been so neglected though it is the same thing every year now and very little innovation or new enjoyment her. I bought 17 and 18 and played them maybe 20 hours each. In past years I would play this game a solid couple months. Maybe in their metrics this mode doesn't get much playtime so that is why it lacks any focus, I don't know.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:19 AM   #10
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
I'll probably pick this up on a big sale but not interested in paying full price for it. I never liked playing Franchise mode much in this game for some reason. I always play this in Madden but for some reason in NHL I prefer to play a career mode. Which for this game is Be a Pro. This mode has been so neglected though it is the same thing every year now and very little innovation or new enjoyment her. I bought 17 and 18 and played them maybe 20 hours each. In past years I would play this game a solid couple months. Maybe in their metrics this mode doesn't get much playtime so that is why it lacks any focus, I don't know.

The reason I haven't bought it, yet. I have '18, and Be a Pro is my mode of choice. Just don't see any improvements from '18.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 10-08-2018, 07:30 PM   #11
Rookie

BannaCricket's Arena

OVR: 0

For me, and the way I play the game, there is no difference what-so-ever between last year's game and this year's, besides EA taking away the ability to edit players, in season mode. So now, if you have any inkling towards realism and immersion, you will need to modify all goalie gear and player numbers, before starting a season.

I don't play online, I'm not interested card collecting, ultimate teams, or a fantasy franchise league. I just want to play along with the actual season. I can still do that, but EA keeps chipping away at little things like removing alphabetical sorting of free agents, in favor of sorting by rating (I'm still scratching my head over that brilliant decision), and now removing the ability to edit players in season mode.

The NHL series is becoming less "NHL", and more "fantasy".
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »